KP 1/48 Su-25UB Frogfoot

Hi,

Just thought I'd show some progress of this kit, more to appease RMP2 than anything. I've not taken any pics until now as frankly I'm not a good modeller when compared to a lot of you people on here, and the kit itself is a bit poor in my opinion. Anyway the kit is the KP Masterlit/Masterline boxing so it comes with nice looking resin and etch cockpit, getting it to fit though, well let's just say its held together by a lot of superglue and foul language! I think the next job to tackle is those gaps in the wheel wells.....

Cheers

35186867081_49bca65174_c.jpgSu-25UB 1/48 by bryn robinson, on Flickr

35186866831_37c0e7acd0_c.jpgSu-25UB 1/48 by bryn robinson, on Flickr

34506647453_02595ffc61_c.jpgSu-25UB 1/48 by bryn robinson, on Flickr

34473520154_24ba473d47_c.jpgSu-25UB 1/48 by bryn robinson, on Flickr

• Like 11

• 3 weeks later...

Cool!

Youre doing yourself a disservice in regard to ability - thats looking great. Having seen photos of the resin cockpit I got The Fear at the thought of painting all that detail in there. However - theres one for sale on here at the moment with Eduards resin pylon set and Im hovering over it, thinking of an Su-39 conversion....

I also saw that the canopy is a single piece arrangement. Seems a bit daft when theres all that detail to display.... will you/have you cut yours to enable it to be open? Cutting transparencies is even more scary than resin cockpits to me.

• Like 1

Looking good. I have this kit so I'm interested to see what you do with it.

Regarding the gaps in the wheel well, you could probably skin the roof with card rather than the bog with putty route. Looks good otherwise though.

Mick

Looking good, I've built this kit and enjoyed it, seem to remember it being a pain to get the resin cockpits fitted and you've got that bit sorted. Not a lot seen inside the gear bays as the majority of the doors are closed with the gear down.

What scheme are you going to do? I'm tempted to buy another one of these kits but keep thinking someone will announce a new release.

Muzz

Thanks chaps. Re the wheel well I've just added some plastic strip to fill the gap, may add some plumbing but as rightly stated nothing much can be seen. Rob, I've cut open the canopy, very nervy job that, but they do provide a spare...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ForestFan said:

Thanks chaps. Re the wheel well I've just added some plastic strip to fill the gap, may add some plumbing but as rightly stated nothing much can be seen. Rob, I've cut open the canopy, very nervy job that, but they do provide a spare...

Ah, thats good of them. Would have been nicer to have an open option, but... better than a poke in the eye.

Hi, here's where I am now, I've even enlarged the tail feathers! Just guessed as I don't have any plans so they are probably wrong! Bad news though, I must've slightly misaligned the intake pods as trying to get the wheel well doors to fit is a nightmare of large proportions! Not sure how to fix at moment, to be continued, maybe....

35543902181_9f8693ab53_b.jpg

• Like 4

The doors don't fit well at all on mine either. But then they don't seem to fit that great on the real thing... :)

Is this the new re-issue with the resin tail planes as well or the earlier offering? I hoped KP would improve the rest of the resin as well but maybe not?

You've made a good start on a challenging kit. As noted the real thing is a bit crude in places which may help you.

Cheers chaps, we shall overcome as they say!

6 hours ago, SleeperService said:

Is this the new re-issue with the resin tail planes as well or the earlier offering? I hoped KP would improve the rest of the resin as well but maybe not?

You've made a good start on a challenging kit. As noted the real thing is a bit crude in places which may help you.

No, it's the Masterkit version that includes a resin cockpit which looks nice but is painful to fit! Why the type has been ignored in this scale escapes me. I'm sure if it were in Chinese service we'd have a decentish kit

• Like 2

It all comes together under paint. :) which reminds me - what scheme do you have in mind and what ordnance?

Hi Rob, I plan doing the kit boxing Russian scheme below. Ordinance wise other than the bits you sold me I fancy getting some rocket pods (S-8s?), will wait to see how it progresses though as I've just whacked on a bit of light blue paint to check some seams underneath and it looks horrific!

35372239160_5555a75dea_b.jpg

Nice.

Hey - remember they got very dirty underneath... a lot of oily mess will help hide a multitude of sins. ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...