Jump to content

As a result of the close-down of the UK by the British Government last night, we have made all the Buy/Sell areas read-only until we open back up again, so please have a look at the announcement linked here.

This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Lee Chambers

1/48 Meng Messerschmitt Me410A-1

Recommended Posts

Hi guys, I'm not usually an aircraft builder however I decided to incorporate a diorama into this build and have a go at adding an electric motor to one of the engines, also this is my first attempt at modelling a grass base. I wanted a patchy and worn looking effect where a lot of work seems to have been carried out under the plane and the grass has suffered for it. I hope you like the results.

 

CITKlv8.jpg
ce7z5BW.jpg
jKHJWX8.jpg
1x3Oc7m.jpg
3ve3YTP.jpg
OgT7mEl.jpg
aMqpmVz.jpg
BB0ch5P.jpg
bO4i5wI.jpg
jsmrUS5.jpg
LHQIseM.jpg
1e3E437.jpg
hr6cl4L.jpg
T8daPE0.jpg
SFaHmQz.jpg

Edited by Lee Chambers

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a lovely build and dio - the roughed up grass looks really effective. Been looking at one of those Meng kits, but the price tag has put me off - altough seeing your result suggests their kits are worth that bit extra!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, doozer1974 said:

What a lovely build and dio - the roughed up grass looks really effective. Been looking at one of those Meng kits, but the price tag has put me off - altough seeing your result suggests their kits are worth that bit extra!

Cheers Doozer,i bought my kit 2yrs ago from Telford show,i was shocked how much the price has jumped up now,i think i payed around £38 for it back then.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think this is brilliant, the kit is one I have wanted to build for a long time and you have done a great job of it. The diorama really has a lot of life to it and tells a real story and your photography (especially the outdoor shots) brings the whole thing together. Top marks from me (for what that's worth!).

 

Duncan B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Love the last picture, it is so realistic I think you must have cheated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, FatFlyHalf said:

Love the last picture, it is so realistic I think you must have cheated!

Nope! Pic was taken with my old Nokia Lumia phone into the sun,and i could'nt even see the screen ! Just a lucky shot,you just know you would never get it right if you tried to frame it LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, spruecutter said:

Very nicely done - all the elements work well together. Do you usually model armour?

Thanks Spruecutter,no i have only built two tanks,i usually build sci fi stuff and motorcycles,but really whatever takes my fancy,i like to try different techniques to push my skills,only got back into the hobby 4 yrs ago,after a 30 yr lay off.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi guys, just edited the first post with ready for inspection pics due to Photobucket 3rd Party hosting, now I'm using Imgur instead.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Excellent work all round, the photography makes it look a very realistic dio... also the figures are a stunning addition.

gazza l

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For someone who does not normally build aircraft models and has never tried to represent grass, you have me fooled!

Everything is just brilliant, the grass included!!!

The only niggle (there has to be one...) is the fit of the underside nose panel. But I have never seen the kit, nor do I know much about the 410. So, it could be me!

 

Congrats

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jean said:

For someone who does not normally build aircraft models and has never tried to represent grass, you have me fooled!

Everything is just brilliant, the grass included!!!

The only niggle (there has to be one...) is the fit of the underside nose panel. But I have never seen the kit, nor do I know much about the 410. So, it could be me!

 

Congrats

JR

Hi Jean,i thank you for the kind comments,i do get a bit OCD with details,the under nose bomb bay doors did puzzle me,there seemed no other way to place them so i left them like that,could'nt find any really clear ref shots to make a decision one way or the other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Lee Chambers said:

Hi Jean,i thank you for the kind comments,i do get a bit OCD with details,the under nose bomb bay doors did puzzle me,there seemed no other way to place them so i left them like that,could'nt find any really clear ref shots to make a decision one way or the other.

Hi Lee,

 

I am so glad to know that I am not the only one who gets OCD with details. I wish I weren't, as I would finish far more models than I do at the moment...

It just seems to me that the underside is not wide enough for the fuselage... Whatever, the whole model/diorama combination is outstanding.

 

JR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Very nice dio and model!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely blooming fantastic.

 

Please post this in the Diorama's RFI section as well !!!!

 

I'm not into wingy things, and only pop in a couple of times a year to see what's going on. Luckily your diorama was still on the first page or I'd have missed it completely. A superb diorama is a superb diorama and it deserves to be seen by all corners of BM not just you airy fairy lot.:D

 

Rearguards,

Badder

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 08/07/2017 at 13:58, Badder said:

Absolutely blooming fantastic.

 

Please post this in the Diorama's RFI section as well !!!!

 

I'm not into wingy things, and only pop in a couple of times a year to see what's going on. Luckily your diorama was still on the first page or I'd have missed it completely. A superb diorama is a superb diorama and it deserves to be seen by all corners of BM not just you airy fairy lot.:D

 

Rearguards,

Badder

Mission accomplished, I've posted it in the diorama ready for inspection section now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...