ATZ-5-375 Fuel Bowser, ICM 1/72

In generally the ICM kit makes positive impression from it's building, and what's especialy surprised for me, decal is excelent. The model was completely assembled out of the box. Handles on the cabin and rear bampers it's the only parts were made by hand.

DSC05962

DSC05961

DSC05959

DSC05958

DSC05956

DSC05955

DSC05954

DSC05951

DSC05963

Thanks for looking, any comments are welcome.

Edited by maverick_62
Reload photos
  • Like 18

• 5 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Very nice work. I just got one of these, and I'm completely thrown by how the front wheel housings are meant to fit under the engine/cab. I can't seem to place them in any way that seems correct.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Gaz

That's a nice truck. It's got nice detail for 1/72, not usual blob. These are definitely lacking in the 1/72 world. Nice planes on a dio are nice but it's rare to see the other stuff that just adds to the effect. I'd like to make a collection of just tow tractors, fuel trucks etc. I've seen these in 1/12 R/C, they are amazing trucks, just way out of my price range for the R/C.

7 hours ago, GazB said:

Very nice work. I just got one of these, and I'm completely thrown by how the front wheel housings are meant to fit under the engine/cab. I can't seem to place them in any way that seems correct.

Thanks in advance for any advice :)

Gaz

I'm afraid i don't quite understand about what you're speaking. As i remember there are no any attachment tabs and instruction just offers the position in mm on the frame for the front wheels.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maverick_62 said:

I'm afraid i don't quite understand about what you're speaking. As i remember there are no any attachment tabs and instruction just offers the position in mm on the frame for the front wheels.  

Oh, sorry. Its the curvy part behind the headlight fixture, that sits above the front wheels. Whichever way I try to position them, they wouldn't sit flush for some reason. The instructions also showed them as having a 1mm wide bar between the two pieces, yet that's not how they were on the sprue 🤔

Gaz

On 30/12/2019 at 19:23, GazB said:

Oh, sorry. Its the curvy part behind the headlight fixture, that sits above the front wheels. Whichever way I try to position them, they wouldn't sit flush for some reason. The instructions also showed them as having a 1mm wide bar between the two pieces, yet that's not how they were on the sprue 🤔

Gaz

Oh, got it. I've also wasted for a few minutes trying to attach this detail, and on the last photo you can see the final result. Not the best, in real life there are no gap between wheel bay and headlight fixture. But here we have what we have, at least it's not much catch eye to my mind.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, maverick_62 said:

Oh, got it. I've also wasted for a few minutes trying to attach this detail, and on the last photo you can see the final result. Not the best, in real life there are no gap between wheel bay and headlight fixture. But here we have what we have, at least it's not much catch eye to my mind.

Ah so its not going to be a perfect fit. Hmm. Perhaps I can scratch a little filling if needed.

Thanks for the response, Maverick :)

Gaz