1/48 - Handley Page 0/400 resin kit by Copper State Models - released

Homebee

Ho boy! I can take or leave most of the fighters from WWI (I know, burn the heretic!), but these heavies are very, very attractive. :hmmm:

Now that is very tempting, might have to indulge.

Kuro

An interesting choice, but why resin? Wouldn't plastic be a more suitable option for something so big and fragile?

To be fair a lot of modern resin is now as durable as plastic, the parts in recent kits from the likes of SBS, Arma-Hobby, Karaya etc are just as strong and flexible and in most cases the surface detail a lot finer. Price of course is a different matter....

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, general melchett said:

To be fair a lot of modern resin is now as durable as plastic, the parts in recent kits from the likes of SBS, Arma-Hobby, Karaya etc are just as strong and flexible and in most cases the surface detail a lot finer. Price of course is a different matter....

I never thought about improvements in resin durability, thanks for the clear-up! A large model like the 0/400 would need stronger materials just to stay together.

• Like 1

On 6/14/2017 at 2:20 PM, general melchett said:

I'm very surprised and intrigued by your statement. It has been my experience that resin castings, particularly long thin parts such as struts, landing gear, and wings will almost inevitably sag and warp over time. Can you provide any more information on this development?

Source: https://www.facebook.com/copperstatemodels/posts/2240025269619553

(...) Nie17 pre-order is over but a new one is on the horizon, today I want to share some photos of what we think will be available in DEC 2018, it could be a bit later, due to Nieuport release, but we are pushing hard to have it before Christmas) For those who missed previous post about 1/48 HP, now you know we are doing one.

And so it is
k1025 1/48 RESIN Handley Page 0/400 Bomber
Specs:
200 EUR price tag
1 kg of resin parts
2 meters of wire was used for struts. Another 1 meter for wings

Pre-order will be open at Scale Models World 2018 (Telford)

45338154.jpg 45116289.jpg

45280428.jpg 45122525.jpg

45111535.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1

Source: https://www.facebook.com/copperstatemodels/posts/2338490413106371

Dear fellow modellers,

Our K1025 Resin kit of the "Bloody Paralyzer" Handley Page O/400 Bomber is on the finish line, all the parts are moulded and cast, masks are cut, and currently, we are waiting for the decals which are in the printing process right now (by Cartograf). So we are talking about 3 weeks waiting time. Originally this project was offered to us by Barry Berman, and we accept it, but after first test castings, we understood that it was rather naive of us to think that it will be like a walk in the park to produce this kit using the original parts. And so together with Melius Manu (our partner), this project was prepared in the best possible way

This is a rather big project for us and it is also a big kit, check this out

• - More than 1.5kg of resin
  • - More than 2m of wire to reinforced the struts/wings
  • - 63cm wingspan
  • - 232 resin parts and 12 clear resin parts
  • - 60 struts with reinforcing wire inside
  • - 2 big sheets of masks (for Roundles) and decals printed by Cartograf
  • - 4 marking option
  • - instruction on a USB stick

Price 200 EUR (242 EUR including VAT - for EU clients)

We will be taking pre-orders very soon, but those who really want to pre-early-order them, please contact us at edgar.liepinsh (at)copperstatemodels.com

55935277.jpg

V.P.

Looks like a work of art. Thank you Copper State for taking this on. Would be a show-stopper at a contest (this bird is roughly the size of a Lancaster).

Edited by Hobo

• 1 month later...

Well this appears to be officially released as it is up on their web sit at € 240.79, which as noted previously should include VAT.  So non VAT buyers this may look to be a bit more appealing (like to me for instance).  This really looks to be a beautiful model:

https://www.copperstatemodels.com/main/productsCS/1/3