1/72 - PZL-37A & PZL-37B Łos (Elk/Moose) by Fly - released

Homebee

On 04/08/2017 at 6:16 AM, JWM said:

There are some testimonies (maybe some photos also but I am not sure), that what could be seen through glasses of cockpit was painted khaki in all Polish serial military machines. Well known photos with aluminium insides are photos of prototypes. So currently there is an opinion that khaki is a right choice for interior. BTW - I like version (shade) of khaki in that thread - it is not so much brown as some people do. Look that light blue is more pale blue, much lighter then German or Russian ones.

Regards

J-W

Thanks for the information on the interior

J-W. 

Does this also apply to the PZL.23? I would prefer to make the models with Khaki interiors to aluminium; it looks better :)

This is my favourite paint for the pale blue:

http://eshop.agama-color.cz/zbozi/3996/P9P-Svetla-modra.htm

(As an aside, it's also a nice colour for the underside of (later) Spanish Republican I-16 ;) ).

Best regards 

TonyT

On 8/3/2017 at 11:32 AM, JWM said:

The ZTS and Mastercraft is the same plastic but have a look at them - it is likely that ZTS as likely older one has better quality of moulds. Of course decals im Masterkit are far better.

Regarding stash and expected lifespan - I have not too big stash so I assumed that I should do some 20 models a year then there is a chace to use most of kits in expected life span in my case. But the stash is growing in some magic way...- due to existance of companies like Fly, Azur, Special Hobby, AZ, RS and few more. The most strange is that I am doing some scratch build from time to time and this is not reducing stash! And 20 model a year is not simply, I am not achieving typicly...

By the way - PM of you have some rare vacu, which you will not build...

Cheers

J_W

Sorry J-W, almost overlooked your request.

I will make a list of the vacu kits that I still have and PM you then.

Will take a few days ...

I think I even have both in my stash, the ZTS versions and the Mastercraft repops which like you say have the better decals indeed but look a bit like mice have nibbled on them.

For nostalgic reasons I will keep them both most likely

Cheers,

Martin

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Does this also apply to the PZL.23? I would prefer to make the models with Khaki interiors to aluminium; it looks better :)

Tony, yes AFAIK in is general rule for all close-cockpit Polish military mahines. The glasing in Karas or Łoś were rather of large areas, so the alu inside would spoil a bit effect of camo.

7 hours ago, occa said:

Sorry J-W, almost overlooked your request.

I will make a list of the vacu kits that I still have and PM you then.

Will take a few days ...

No problem Martin at all. This was just an impuls of the moment. There are only few machines I am really looking for...

Regards

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, KRK4m said:

Frankly speaking Finland should be treated as "very WHIF" user of Łoś. At least 4 other countries were much closer to reality.

90 aircraft with twin-row GR14N radials have been ordered in PZL to be delivered in 1940-41 to Rumania (30), Turkey (25), Yugoslavia (20) and Bulgaria (15).

Finland, Denmark and Estonia were just "interested in purchase" with no formal order as for September 1939.

Several months earlier (1938) the Belgian Renard company was negotiating licence production rights for Pegasus-powered Łoś (to be ordered in Belgium by Republican Spain), but SCW has ended before the contract was ready to be signed and thus Renard withdrew from the idea.

Cheers

Michael

Michael,

Thank you very much for answering my post and for the additional information regarding the ordered PZL-Los, most interesting.

Best regards

Colin.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

It will be interesting to compare two new Łoś: Fly and IBG.

Few weeks from release of both Polish modeller fora will bring all possible comparisons, I am sure about it...

Lets wait a while

Regards

J-W

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/5/2017 at 11:27 PM, KRK4m said:

Frankly speaking Finland should be treated as "very WHIF" user of Łoś. At least 4 other countries were much closer to reality.

90 aircraft with twin-row GR14N radials have been ordered in PZL to be delivered in 1940-41 to Rumania (30), Turkey (25), Yugoslavia (20) and Bulgaria (15).

Finland, Denmark and Estonia were just "interested in purchase" with no formal order as for September 1939.

Several months earlier (1938) the Belgian Renard company was negotiating licence production rights for Pegasus-powered Łoś (to be ordered in Belgium by Republican Spain), but SCW has ended before the contract was ready to be signed and thus Renard withdrew from the idea.

Cheers

Michael

Very, very old post but I just found very interesting fictitious art work of finnish PZL.37.

Completing information about export plans:

- China - offer for sale used PZL.37A/Abis in 1938,

- Bulgaria - version with italian FIAT A.74 engines,

- Greece - 12 to 24 planes with GR-14N engine, order was cancelled in 1939,

- Iran - 12 planes,

- Switzerland - very initial interests,

- Egipt - 1 or 2 planes as a gift of polish goverment.

78_1.jpg

• 1 month later...
13 hours ago, Homebee said:

Polish in box review comparing Fly and IBG Models PZL-37 kits : https://nowosci.plastikowe.pl/aktualnosci/t-pzl-37-los-1-72-fly-vs-ibg-models/

V.P.

To those of us, who are not familiar with Polish yet the results of this comparison favored IBG model however no obvious flaws of Fly kit was found. The main difference in shapes is with ventral gunner position but it is not clear to me from what is written in which kit it is better. The less important difference is in surface detailing of tail.  IBG is favored mostly due to better engeneering of model (easier consruction). Interesting that both kits Łoś were designed in Poland. 

Cheers

J-W

Edited by JWM
mispelling corrections
  • Thanks 2

• 1 month later...

Lovely plane, with excellent performance.

I'm going to do several (eventually!), but I think a nice what-if Yugoslavia one (same colours as Do17 /. Blenheim) would look good, maybe with one side as a Croatia one.........Yugoslav markings oversprayed with Croat markings.

As time (and space) get scarcer, I've decided to try and do as many planes as possible in 2 halves.

Paul in NZ

• 9 months later...