Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/72 - PZL-37A & PZL-37B Łos (Elk) by Fly - box art+sprues+decals+resin - release in 2018

Recommended Posts

Interesting! - There will be plenty of Łoś around  since IBG also mede some sort of  "controlled leak" about their PZL P37 Łoś in some close future!

Cheers

J-W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crikey! I wonder who will win the race to release a kit first?

 

After a very long wait (decades), it looks like we'll have the choice of two manufacturer's releases in one year.

 

I'll let the penguin dance a happy dance for me :):penguin: !

 

Best regards

TonyT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I'll let the penguin dance a happy dance for me :):penguin: !

 

... and if I might add, :elephant::D 

 

Cheers,

 

Stew

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Crikey! I wonder who will win the race to release a kit first?

 

Fly is planing to release it on autumn, so I guess they will be first.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/13/2017 at 4:59 PM, Madoc said:

I'm seeing a bunch of ZTS Los kits soon will be appearing on eBay...

Quite possibly, hoping that this release by FLY will be worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Mastercraft re-boxings. were so inexpensive that I will keep them.

The ZTS will be given away for free or for a symbolical 1 € coin ...

 

My stash must be reduced, even if I will live 10,000 years I will never build all.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15.06.2017 at 1:29 PM, occa said:

The Mastercraft re-boxings. were so inexpensive that I will keep them.

The ZTS will be given away for free or for a symbolical 1 € coin ...

 

My stash must be reduced, even if I will live 10,000 years I will never build all.

 

The ZTS and Mastercraft is the same plastic but have a look at them - it is likely that ZTS as likely older one has better quality of moulds. Of course decals im Masterkit are far better.

Regarding stash and expected lifespan - I have not too big stash so I assumed that I should do some 20 models a year then there is a chace to use most of kits in expected life span in my case. But the stash is growing in some magic way...- due to existance of companies like Fly, Azur, Special Hobby, AZ, RS and few more. The most strange is that I am doing some scratch build from time to time and this is not reducing stash! And 20 model a year is not simply, I am not achieving typicly...

By the way - PM of you have some rare vacu, which you will not build...

Cheers

J_W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm very fond of the old ZTS kits, I always wished for an aftermarket transparency set, the kind of crystal clear sets that Falcon do.

 

My stash is very (embarrassingly) big and I suspect becoming worth less and less as years go by. Given how little the ZTS kits are worth now, I may just keep them, with the hope of improving them with the inevitable (I hope) after market sets that will be released for Fly and IBG kits.

 

AFAIK the basic outline of the ZTS model is good? It's just things like very thick guns, transparencies etc that need addressing? Engines if you feel enough can be seen? I know there's much more, but the basic outline.... ok :hmmm: ?

 

I never worried a lot about interior detail on them; in 1/72 it's difficult to see in a Łoś, but the guns and mounts of ZTS did trouble me :D.

 

PART do photo etch sets that really help the ZTS kits, including photo etch  gun sets too (a bit fiddly, but better).

 

I hope we may see e.g. Master doing some Polish wz. 37 szczeniak guns and mounts now, for these Fly and IBG kits :pray: ... they would also be useful to improve the ZTS kits.

 

Perhaps Arma hobby will be a good candidate for after market too, that could be used to 'bring back from the dead' our ZTS etc kits.

 

I like the Łoś so much that it will be fine to have say, six on the display shelf. A 'mass build' of a few at once (like people do with e.g. Spitfires here on BM) would be fun, for me anyway :)       :mental: 

 

Best regards

TonyT

 

PS: Has anyone ever tried to build the PART photo etch radiators? They look great but, my word, my fingers are too thick. They take a lot of patience..a lot  , just the thought of doing it again...:chilly:.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony, I think that old ZTS is BASICLY OK, however on Polish modeller fora there are a lot of very critical remarks, but this is our national speciality be overcritical. Here you can see perhaps the most advanced build I ever seen on P37 Los:

http://zszachownica.blogspot.com/2013/08/pzl-p37-iib-os-luty-2012-wrzesien-39-6.html

You may see that besides very (I would say-extremly) high detailing of inside and wheel bays the main corrections are with engines which are replaced by Ardpol resin Pegasus and with front of glass nose.

Regards

J-W

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JWM said:

Tony, I think that old ZTS is BASICLY OK, however on Polish modeller fora there are a lot of very critical remarks, but this is our national speciality be overcritical. Here you can see perhaps the most advanced build I ever seen on P37 Los:

http://zszachownica.blogspot.com/2013/08/pzl-p37-iib-os-luty-2012-wrzesien-39-6.html

You may see that besides very (I would say-extremly) high detailing of inside and wheel bays the main corrections are with engines which are replaced by Ardpol resin Pegasus and with front of glass nose.

Regards

J-W

 

 

Thanks for the link J-W, it's a beauty :heart: 

 

He used the PART photo-etch sets. Stunning on the interior. I was interested to see Khaki on the first 2/3 of the fuselage interior. The instructions used to say 'aluminium' colour for all of it. I don't know what's correct. I like the Khaki interior :).

 

The glass makes a lot of difference. 

 

Can't wait for the new kits to be released :waiting:.

 

Best regards

TonyT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, TonyTiger66 said:

He used the PART photo-etch sets. Stunning on the interior. I was interested to see Khaki on the first 2/3 of the fuselage interior. The instructions used to say 'aluminium' colour for all of it. I don't know what's correct. I like the Khaki interior :).

There are some testimonies (maybe some photos also but I am not sure), that what could be seen through glasses of cockpit was painted khaki in all Polish serial military machines. Well known photos with aluminium insides are photos of prototypes. So currently there is an opinion that khaki is a right choice for interior. BTW - I like version (shade) of khaki in that thread - it is not so much brown as some people do. Look that light blue is more pale blue, much lighter then German or Russian ones.

Regards

J-W

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colin1967 said:

I am very pleased to see that the boxing by Fly Models will be in Rumanian colors !

In fact Romania was main user of Łoś - they collected all remaining in Poland after campaign of September '39 and then they used them for many years, even after WWII.

Cheers

J-W

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JWM said:

In fact Romania was main user of Łoś - they collected all remaining in Poland after campaign of September '39 and then they used them for many years, even after WWII.

Cheers

J-W

Main user for the usage period - yes (in Poland this was just a year). But not for the quantity - of more than a hundred built and almost a hundred comissioned by the Air Force only some 30% survived the combined German/Russian onslaught. According to the Rumanian sources exactly 30 PZL-37s were flown intact to Rumania in September and eight of them were reduced to the "source of parts" on 14th December 1939. Remaining 22 are known to bear Rumanian serial nos. 201...222.

The only Polish aircraft that Rumania can be hands-down called "main user of" are the gull-wing P.11/P.24 fighters. Rumanian AF has flown 191 P.11s and 30 P.24 (Poland had only 205 P.11s and no P.24s) of the 566 built.

Cheers

Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2017 at 3:42 PM, JWM said:

In fact Romania was main user of Łoś - they collected all remaining in Poland after campaign of September '39 and then they used them for many years, even after WWII.

Cheers

J-W

Jerzy, thank you very much for the information I was unaware of that fact, now I know!

Could you or Michael please clarify if Finland actually used any as I have seen artwork for the PZL Los in Finish colors.

Thank you Colin.

20 hours ago, KRK4m said:

Main user for the usage period - yes (in Poland this was just a year). But not for the quantity - of more than a hundred built and almost a hundred comissioned by the Air Force only some 30% survived the combined German/Russian onslaught. According to the Rumanian sources exactly 30 PZL-37s were flown intact to Rumania in September and eight of them were reduced to the "source of parts" on 14th December 1939. Remaining 22 are known to bear Rumanian serial nos. 201...222.

The only Polish aircraft that Rumania can be hands-down called "main user of" are the gull-wing P.11/P.24 fighters. Rumanian AF has flown 191 P.11s and 30 P.24 (Poland had only 205 P.11s and no P.24s) of the 566 built.

Cheers

Michael

Michael, thank you very much for your information and additional information about the PZL P.11 and P.24.

Best regards Colin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Colin1967 said:

 

Could you or Michael please clarify if Finland actually used any as I have seen artwork for the PZL Los in Finish colors.

It haven't, but a few countries were interested in buying it, including Finland too I assume. So it is a "what-if" scheme.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Colin1967 said:

Could you or Michael please clarify if Finland actually used any as I have seen artwork for the PZL Los in Finish colors.

Thank you Colin.

Finland was not using any PZL 37. 

 

16 minutes ago, Botan said:

It haven't, but a few countries were interested in buying it, including Finland too I assume. So it is a "what-if" scheme.

Exactly - if you  saw it this was "what if" scheme

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Frankly speaking Finland should be treated as "very WHIF" user of Łoś. At least 4 other countries were much closer to reality.

90 aircraft with twin-row GR14N radials have been ordered in PZL to be delivered in 1940-41 to Rumania (30), Turkey (25), Yugoslavia (20) and Bulgaria (15).

Finland, Denmark and Estonia were just "interested in purchase" with no formal order as for September 1939.

Several months earlier (1938) the Belgian Renard company was negotiating licence production rights for Pegasus-powered Łoś (to be ordered in Belgium by Republican Spain), but SCW has ended before the contract was ready to be signed and thus Renard withdrew from the idea.

Cheers

Michael

 

Edited by KRK4m
1938 added to the last info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×