Hobbyboss Il-2 Sturmovik.

Hi folk's,last in the trio of Hobbyboss easykit's for the From Russia with love GB,for it's type a great easy build much more refined than some in 

the range lovely panel lines and a canopy worthy of mention.In one of the schemes of Ivan.F.Pavlov hero of the Soviet union,I have not added the

wire due to poor light and several pint's of Guiness last night and apologies for photo quality still using my phone.Thank's for looking in.

20170611_124345_zps69lzqj8j.jpg

20170611_124333_zpsdyisate9.jpg

20170611_124322_zpskp1rbsip.jpg

20170611_124306_zpsboc9qci0.jpg

20170611_124250_zpsffrqohol.jpg

20170611_124237%202_zpsy8jly3gb.jpg

20170611_124210_zpsi9ko87yn.jpg

20170611_124223_zpsm2wsaio0.jpg

• Like 32

Your usual good work on display again, Steve -

Your obviously off Hurricanes for a bit!   Also, nothing wrong with a little drink on a Saturday evening - I enjoy a few glasses of wine then.

What's next on your workbench?

Regards

Dave

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Epeeman said:

Your usual good work on display again, Steve -

Your obviously off Hurricanes for a bit!   Also, nothing wrong with a little drink on a Saturday evening - I enjoy a few glasses of wine then.

What's next on your workbench?

Regards

Dave

Many thank's Dave,no doubt I will return to Hurricanes in the future Airfix's Sea Hurricane is on the radar,I'm at present in 1/32 mode

with Revells 109G10 in the STGB and Revell's Spitfire Mkix  in the Made in Britain GB.

Hi Steve,

funny to see your Sturmovik, as I was reading a review of the same kit this afternoon in a 2013 French magazine. Small world. A lot of good things were said about it.

It looks really good and I am not sure one could see the difference between the HB offering and the Academy or more expensive kits, short of having the nose right on top of the models.

And of course, you build little jewels!

I am busy butchering the cockpit of the HB D520 you thought quite highly of. As I feared, I am destroying the Easy Assembly concept, but I have promised myself that I would only mess around with the cockpit.... Heard that one before. Whatever, this type of kit is really growing on me.

Congrats on your Sturmovik!

JR

• Like 3

Nice job Steve.

Very tasty finish and the kit looks like it builds to a much more accurate shape than the reboxed Airfix I built a little while ago.

superbly done and got the canopy painting right which is definitely one up on me!

Cheers

Bruce

• Like 1

Hello,Steve - Oops! I'm a bit late in spotting this on radar, Another beautifully built and finished subject, this is a storming Sturmovik.Great work as always.

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1