Hello to all

Zagor

Hi,

I'm building models for last 30 years. After years of following Britmodeller, I decided to join in, and try to contribute a bit.

Primary interested in military aircraft from early days to, shall we say, end of 20th century. I'm not into super modern stuff, flying geometric shapes, and unmanned aircrafts.

Preferred scale is 1/48, and for larger subject sometimes 1/72.

Zagor

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Zagor and welcome.

I have just finished reading about your Air Forces' fire fighting aircraft in 'AirForces Monthly'

Now need to persuade my wife that she needs to visit your country!

Richard

On 06/19/2017 at 7:15 PM, Scimitar said:

Now need to persuade my wife that she needs to visit your country!

After a truly terrible 24 hours Interailing to Rijeka around 1990 (including discovering possibly the worst campsite in Europe and being stoned in a park by local kids), I was reluctant to ever go back. After 10 years living only 3 hours drive from Croatia, and hearing nothing but praise for the place from my colleagues, I went with the family to Rovinj last Easter. Now I realise what they meant. It's beautiful, cheap, and has great weather. We went back to Istria for another week in September.

If you do go, try to get to the Plitvice lakes - truly out of this world.

Apparently there's an abandoned airbase buried in a mountain near the Bosnian border, but I think it's still mined...

Oh, and welcome Zagor!

• Like 1