Rigging Hell it's The Bloody Paryliser!!! Handley Page 0/400 1/72

As per Martian's advice, switch to Postimage. Not had any issues with it at all. As for the spawn of evil that is photobucket - Martian can't you get some of your mates to give at dose with one of your death rays?

• Like 4

...another vote for postimage - very fast / don't even need to set up an account to use it - so no junk mail and no adverts - NOW - back to the Handley Page :D

• Like 1

And if postimage doesn't float your boat, I've just switched to the idiotically named villagephoto, which requires registration but is certainly faster than photobucket (even before their servers got hammered).

• Like 1

I just downloaded quite a few pics from PB back to my laptop with no problems. I usually only copied them there anyway and kept them on my PC as well, so I shouldn't have any more that need downloading. The hard bit is going to be replacing all the links with the right pics in the right places!

Ian

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

As per Martian's advice, switch to Postimage. Not had any issues with it at all. As for the spawn of evil that is photobucket - Martian can't you get some of your mates to give at dose with one of your death rays?

If someone can give me an actual physical address for them, they will be a s dead as a dead thing that has rigormortis  and is in an advanced state of decomposition. :dalek1:

Martian, Not liking Phototurd very much these days. You can tell; can't you?

• Like 7

Jeez..

Can't believe what I'm reading on here!!!

Are you sure it isn't some kind of cyber attack scam riding in on photo bucket?

I never got on with the site . Found flickr worked for me, but this sounds like some kinda mad suicide act

• Like 2

No, it's definitely a policy on their part. I think what is most aggravating is the lack of notice; this suggests to me that they hope to shock some users into paying for the plan that permits third-party hosting, as well as convert high-volume free accounts into paying accounts where users feel the cost is justified.

• Like 3

Test. ?

34808043894_2830cc98e6_b.jpg

Ok looks like i can use Flickr.:idea: only lets me put pics up on my pc though.

I can however download all my pics from Photo bottom.

I'm on this. :whip: thanks for your help guys.

Johnny 

34808043894_1e920075e3_o.jpg

aaah and postimage.  I can do these from my phone. B) right!!!!

Edited by The Spadgent
  • Like 6

4 hours ago, amblypygid said:

No, it's definitely a policy on their part. I think what is most aggravating is the lack of notice; this suggests to me that they hope to shock some users into paying for the plan that permits third-party hosting, as well as convert high-volume free accounts into paying accounts where users feel the cost is justified.

As far as I am concerned they know wher they can stick their new system: sideways.

Fed up of Mars

• Like 2

Johnny transfer is on the case.

Reckon flickr etc are going to be busy for a while if everyone is transferring out.

Suddenly realise how vulnerable and dependant the whole operation is!!

Anyway, let's build....

• Like 2

On 01/07/2017 at 4:13 AM, Antb said:

Thanks Ian 

I know I'm going massively off topic I've got Flickr but I can't ever copy the images onto here. It won't recognise the link. 

I always use phone or iPad. Don't suppose you could give some guidance could You? 

Just thought I'd mention another way on iPhone that may be the same on iPad.

I use their app. I've learned to turn 'auto update' off as I take a lot of photographs and auto update slows it down (for me).

Within the app, I open the photo I want from whichever album it is in. Then I click the share icon at bottom left (a little white arrow). Then I choose 'copy link'.

I then plop my finger on the screen at the point I wish to insert the photograph here in the forum. When 'paste' appears I tap that. A dialog appears on the forum asking me if I wish to embed or simply link; if it's a thread photo I select 'embed'.

I hope that helps; I like it, even a Frostie muncher can do it :).

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 4

8 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I use their app. I've learned to turn 'auto update' off as I take a lot of photographs and auto update slows it down (for me).

Within the app, I open the photo I want from whichever album it is in. Then I click the share icon at bottom left (a little white arrow). Then I choose 'copy link'.

I then plop my finger on the screen at the point I wish to insert the photograph here in the forum. When 'paste' appears I tap that. A dialog appears on the forum asking me if I wish to embed or simply link; if it's a thread photo I select 'embed'.

Best regards

TonyT

Thanks Tony 

Edit. Just having seen johns comments thought I'd add to this too. I get exactly the same problem in that it says there's no picture at the URL copied. 

No matter how many times I try I keep getting the same message. 

Edited by Antb
  • Like 1

Excellent system Tony - I 'share' snaps up to Flickr via the Apple 'photos' on the iPhone (especially after I killed the little SONY :(), but I hadn't gone your extra step. Thank you very much - consider yourself getting 10 extra 'virtual likes' from me for that post!

Cheers.

Alex. :sheep: <-- Not BotoPhu**et!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

Best regards

TonyT

Bah! That didn't work for me. Just said "no image at that link". I'll try again later.

3 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Bah! That didn't work for me. Just said "no image at that link". I'll try again later.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/144781950@N05/m05017

Eek. It's showing me the same error now. 

Yet it's been fine for around 7 months.

Ok, I'll have a tweak. Back soon.

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

Ok: here's the thing. I think this is the clincher.

Follow all the previous steps but: First click on the 'i' for 'info' icon to the centre right.

Make sure that you change the privacy status of the photograph to 'public'. You do that by clicking on the little pencil icon there.

Once you've done that, the steps that I outlined before should work.

I applied these changes to the this image.

35410140875_82cb348410.jpg

Fingers crossed for everyone :pray: 

TonyT

• Like 5

... and a sporty image of a Volvo 200. 'Boxy but good' and FAST. OK, point taken :D 

(See my post in 'What have you last purchased)

• Like 4

Ok guys. This thread is back up and running. I've re pathed the pics to Flickr.

PB can kid my neathers. I'll re instate my year of threads over the next few weeks.

and with any luck more HP 0/400:christmas:

John

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Ok guys. This thread is back up and running. I've re pathed the pics to Flickr.

PB can kid my neathers. I'll re instate my year of threads over the next few weeks.

and with any luck more HP 0/400:christmas:

John

Pleased to hear it Johnny. 

I was peeved with my few pictures goodness knows how you must feel! 

Looking forward to seeing some plastic being bashed into submission. 

• Like 1

Glad to hear it John. I must admit the thought of paying photopukebucket for anything is beyond my comprehension. Feels akin to paying for your own execution, but at least giving the executioner a gold or silver coin in Merrie Olde England was intended to ensure a clean cut.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Antb said:

Pleased to hear it Johnny. 

I was peeved with my few pictures goodness knows how you must feel! 

Looking forward to seeing some plastic being bashed into submission. 

Thanks. Yes I'm so looking forward to getting back at it. B)

16 minutes ago, Tomoshenko said:

Glad to hear it John. I must admit the thought of paying photopukebucket for anything is beyond my comprehension. Feels akin to paying for your own execution, but at least giving the executioner a gold or silver coin in Merrie Olde England was intended to ensure a clean cut.

I know. $399 a year too. What are they thinking?

• Like 2

They can go and fornicate with themselves as far as I am concerned.

Luckily all my pics are still on my hard drive so switching to Flickr was no problem.

Good to see you back.

Simon.

• Like 5

Likewise, though for some reason I am missing some pics which I have to download from PB. I've already reinstated 4 threads and will continue to replace the links until I am in a position to tell PB where they can stick it!

I will NOT be held to ransom!

Ian

• Like 2