Rigging Hell it's The Bloody Paryliser!!! Handley Page 0/400 1/72

23 hours ago, Aeronut said:

Have you found Plastic Pastimes yet? I thought they had closed but I drove past last weekend and noticed they had opened a new shop a few doors down from the old one.

I have ordered from them in the past, not quite within my SWIMBO limit.:giles:

19 hours ago, rob Lyttle said:

you wouldn't be going as far as Eastleigh Southampton would you?

AC Models are pretty good, and they got a load of airfix Martin B57 Canberras in 1/48 going for £6.99

That's not a typo!! May have to ask but the last time I asked, they had Loads 

IMG_20170309_170315

Also an excellent sweetie shop in Winchester at the top of the High Street!

Not quite, bargain though are you sure it's 1/48? I thought they were more like £30 :o lovely silver by the way.

11 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

...and TWO model shops in Salisbury...

Now you tell me. Just got back, never mind I think I did ok.

We turned up in Bournemouth but the model shops were more in Boscombe so it was looking unlikely but at the last minute SWIMBO offered a model shop visit on the way back, she could see my pain. We visited "The Modellers Loft" not quite what I was after all be told, more full of Star Wars and war time memorabilia than kits but I did find this.

36070089261_ab9ac9aa9f_b.jpg

a little pricey but I'm on me holls so twenty pounds well spent. :thumbsup:

Happy Modelling guys, I have to fire up the BBQ .

johnny whirlwind

• Like 8

OK chaps, John is back soon so lets try and tidy up.

What are we going to tell him about what happened to the flowers?

I knew it was a bad idea to bring the mandrills and the goat, let alone a camel sneaking in.

Off to the shop for more disinfectant , Got to get rid of that smell behind the sofa...

Simon.

• Like 4

What worries me is how we are going to get the Camel out of the downstairs loo. We had enough trouble getting him in there and now he says he won't come out. Someone ought to take charge of sanitising the place for discarded dancing girls' costumes. I know, best to stuff them in Mrs Johnny's smalls draw and hope she doesn't notice!

Martian von I Wasn't There, Honest Guv!

• Like 4

How about a canister of napalm? That should sort it rather snappily.

:shutup:

Excellent discovery of the Whirlwind kit, Johnny! Great looking aircraft, I always think. One of my favourites.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

bargain though are you sure it's 1/48? I thought they were more like £30

Oh yeah, quarter scale all right... I used several feet of sticky back Ali foil to cover the ole bird! Also several nuts, bolts and m' put up front to get her to stand up. You thought the P38 was a tail - sitter?

The little Whirlwind is a smart looking plane, isn't it?

IMG_20170728_002527

• Like 3

Hello Dears

Let's use the "clothes" of the belly cancers, really sympathetic girls indeed to replace the curtains.

I come back with the karcher for cleaning up the place.

For the BLU, don't remember how 'd we get it...

Should we turn it for the Percy's monument ??

Is there important to say that the napalm is in ??

Or lease it to our tentacled friend for warming a bit of his dear planet ??

Well, well, well.

Nice job for the Whirlwind, Dear Spad, Hope that the weather is fine and you enjoyed your camping.

Have a very nice day

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 3

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dears

Let's use the "clothes" of the belly cancers, really sympathetic girls indeed to replace the curtains.

I come back with the karcher for cleaning up the place.

For the BLU, don't remember how 'd we get it...

Should we turn it for the Percy's monument ??

Is there important to say that the napalm is in ??

Or lease it to our tentacled friend for warming a bit of his dear planet ??

Well, well, well.

Nice job for the Whirlwind, Dear Spad, Hope that the weather is fine and you enjoyed your camping.

Have a very nice day

Sincerely.

CC

Sensible policies for a happier solar system!

Martian

• Like 4

I retract my napalm idea, as it's possibly a little bit extreme, all things considered. And violent. Still trying to think of a suitable biocide/sterilant to clean up after the livestock though. How about a huge vat of IPA? Any that's left over, Johnny will sure to be able use. Have to be careful with naked flames though, that could end badly. SO NO MORE SMOKING. Especially that weird smelling stuff. I had to go and sit quietly in a corner for several hours after tracking across a smoke plume.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bigdave22014 said:

Erm, guys.....

There's some VERY plain vans outside and the occupants are all wearing plain black suits and sunglasses.

What were you feeding that puffin?

I think it was one of Nigel`s Chilli`s, what ever it was, the reaction was rather spectacular in any case.

Simon.

• Like 3

Sitting with a nice red, under the gazebo contemplating reality and pre shading the Hp beast.

Homeward bound tomorrow I do home the homestead is in good hands.

you remember the end of weird Science right?:king:

• Like 5

So the kit has raised panel lines. :drunk: I'm guessing by this

35832989170_b37eea1a6c_b.jpg

it's a re scribe job. I can't find any WIP action of the Whirlwind that still has pictures. Any help would be much appreciated.

johnny stream drift. :pilot:

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Bigdave22014 said:

Erm, guys.....

There's some VERY plain vans outside and the occupants are all wearing plain black suits and sunglasses.

What were you feeding that puffin?

Just Nigel's chilli on the first time...

When the Guiness book guys were in for speed measurement, it was an updated chilli....

Guys in black suit ??? Oh No ! Martian ?? Where are you ???

Lost the camel one more time, Percy the puffin grew better after his extraction...

The goat seem still exhilarated... what is the whole stuff about, I don't know she chew tiny pack of aromatic herbs for the barbecue

At least I hope that it was for the barbecue, the neighbours seem also on cloud 9...:whistle:

Dear Gents, It was Herbes de provence ?? Was'nt it ?? :wicked:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 3

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

So the kit has raised panel lines. :drunk: I'm guessing by this

35832989170_b37eea1a6c_b.jpg

it's a re scribe job. I can't find any WIP action of the Whirlwind that still has pictures. Any help would be much appreciated.

johnny stream drift. :pilot:

Hello Spad,

Yes there are some raised panel, movable in fact

At the level of the flaps and radiators.

I have a good plan, if you need it, I can send to you.

PM me if you want it, will be glad to help, I turn the plan to 1/48 but the original is at 1/72.

Those black clad guys with the big vans are your colleagues ? or Something ?:whistle:

End of holydays, I dislike it, the way back home seem so short ..

We've cleaned up, please to not shake that BLU thing, we gonna pick it up back and please do not touch the red pin...

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Spadgent said:

I can't find any WIP action of the Whirlwind that still has pictures. Any help would be much appreciated.

It's the 'wrong' scale Johnny, and Terry (Sprueloose) hasn't updated it since June, but his thread on improving the Trumpeter 1/48 Whirlwind is worth a read;

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235013071-148-trumpeter-westland-whirlwind/#comment-2563447

Pics all seem to still be there too, fingers crossed!

Keith

• Like 3

Mission accomplished !

That guy with the white Aston Martin is fantastic !

Pure-red-wallpaper-for-British-retro-indoor-decoration

Hope that it is almost the same than before...:wicked:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, keefr22 said:

It's the 'wrong' scale Johnny, and Terry (Sprueloose) hasn't updated it since June, but his thread on improving the Trumpeter 1/48 Whirlwind is worth a read;

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235013071-148-trumpeter-westland-whirlwind/#comment-2563447

Pics all seem to still be there too, fingers crossed!

Keith

Ooh thanks, that will come in very useful.

looking at my kit there is no pit detail at all. Not even a control stick.:huh: I did look at the airwaves PE set but it looks more trouble than it's worth. I think I'll scratch one instead. 

:thumbsup:

The amount of Modelling ref that has vanished due to Photo Bottom is insane. I hope they're happy with themselves. :emo:

Johnny.

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

The amount of Modelling ref that has vanished due to Photo Bottom is insane. I hope they're happy with themselves.

I shouldn't imagine they give a photo buck.

I think it's a wise move to avoid the Airwaves set seeing the ''fit'' problems others (like Tony le Baron) have had trying to use them...

K

• Like 3

3 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

you remember the end of weird Science right?

Remember the end? I remember ALL of it:

ab0fcc8e701c514afa1f189bf1ec4460.jpg

One of the more memorable bits of the holiday chez Johnny, thanks to the boys for their CAD and computer skills. Phwoaaaarrrr!

• Like 6

5 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

it's a re scribe job.

I know of no aircraft that had welded-together panels (asking for trouble in an engineering context, all that vibrating and flapping (fnaar fanaar slobber)), hence no raised panel lines.

It's a great pity that the Whirlind was stuck with the under-powered RR Peregrines, all the Merlins at the time being bespoke to Spitfires, etc. It was, in a number of ways, a relatively advanced design for the time (T-tail, four nose-mounted 20 mm canons, and more I think).

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

The amount of Modelling ref that has vanished due to Photo Bottom is insane. I hope they're happy with themselves. :emo:.

• Like 4

Thanks keef, Alex, Ced and Mart for the info I might do this one next as a nice easy build, tiny scratch and more painting.:pilot:

anyhoo gotta pack up for the journey home .

hope you left Lisa somewhere nice and easy to find. :wicked:

Johnny.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hope that it is almost the same than before...:wicked:

Is that velvet wallpaper? Blimey. I think I feel a little sick...I hope Johnny likes Fin-de-Siècle1 Decadence more than I do.

Hope you have a good safe trip back home, Johnny

1 Maybe more Louis Seize? Me art 'istery ain't very good...but at a casual glance it looks like a mish-mash o' styles - including American Frontier Log Cabin...

• Like 3