Pocher Rolls-Royce Phantom II Sedanca of 1932 / 1/8 Scale

A three year project...

Finally at a close after 2475 hours. Close to 2900 parts, many highly modified or scratchbuilt. Radical body alterations to emulate the elegant coachbuilt bodies by Gurney Nutting and Barker of the early and mid-thirties. Custom accessories by Model Motorcars and David Cox.

Build progress of 70+ pages here (if you're patient): http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234961409-a-big-rolls-royce/

1M_zpsphvf95ri.jpg

2M_zpstj4kdkxc.jpg

3M_zps0vx3p6iq.jpg

4M_zpszochl0vx.jpg

5M_zpsscd5vf7x.jpg

6M_zps0k6rdvvk.jpg

IMG_4042_zpsg8efo5jy.jpg

7M_zpsaiyim8be.jpg

8M_zpsvms4mhsg.jpg

9M_zpsg992rav2.jpg

584MC_zpsegapkst1.jpg

974M_zpsctpbgrdr.jpg

10M_zpsixkpoup0.jpg

11M_zps2mooixm1.jpg

12M_zpsla0zudnc.jpg

Edited by Codger
  • Like 12

Absolutely beautiful, very dificult to find words for this, as far as I,m concerned  the model is probably more desirable than a real one, you can admire its elegant lines and enjoy the immense satisfaction you must feel at such a stunning result, and all of this without  having to worry about mini roundabouts and extremely vague steering !!

• Like 1

Hi Mr Codger!

Wow!!   :surprised:

# It's very nice to go trav'ling
To Paris, London and Rome
It's oh so nice to go trav'ling
But it's so much nicer, yes it's so much nicer, to come home #

.......and what a Journey!

I know You have had some pitfalls along the way, but I am so glad that You could summon up the strength and impetus to keep going and deliver this marvellous build of, what We know, is not one of the easiest kits to build, whilst putting Your own mark on it.

The way  that You have approached each part of this build has shown a dertermination to strive to get each detail done to the very best standard that You can achieve, and it is an inspiration to all of Us that have followed, to try to approach things in the same spirit as You have, not only in Our modelling, but in other goals in life as well.

I hope the Moderators pin this build for easy reference, not just for Pocher builds, but for model building of all genres.

I hear You saying that this could be Your Swansong model, I hope We get to share in more of Your projects in the future, but I do understand what You are telling Us as well, I am at the stage in life where I have got so many projects I would like to tackle and You have to take stock of what You can and want to achieve in the time We have available to Us.

Again, many thanks for letting Us all share in Your journey (nay, Odyssey).

All the very best and...... Keep Sticking?

Pete

• Like 1

2 hours ago, morty_3333 said:

I hear You saying that this could be Your Swansong model, I hope We get to share in more of Your projects in the future, but I do understand what You are telling Us as well, I am at the stage in life where I have got so many projects I would like to tackle and You have to take stock of what You can and want to achieve in the time We have available to Us.

Again, many thanks for letting Us all share in Your journey (nay, Odyssey).

All the very best and...... Keep Sticking?

Pete

To Pete and the rest of you boys, sincere thanks for the heartwarming and thoughtful comments.

Part of the reason I've been negative about continued hacking on the bench has been the mental prep to go this distance. I sometimes feel I'd have to build a 1/2 scale Titanic from toothpicks to rival the fussing I did here. EVERYBODY but me builds beautiful Pocher RR's in A LOT less than three years.

But as implied earlier, this is not my forum obit; I will participate in everyone's work as long as you all feel I have something to contribute.

And I thank you for the welcome all these years.

C

I've followed your build in its later stages and been mightily impressed with your attention to detail  ....  a masterful Tour de Force!

Now just sit back and savour that lovely feeling of satisfaction having created such a beautiful object.

Frank

• Like 1

Wow. Am pretty much speechless after seeing that. So glad I logged on and had a random browse.

What a truly stunning body of work. What an extraordinary thing it is that you have done. 

Congratulations, Martin

More generous compliments than I ever imagined! Deepest thanks and I'm happy it has brought some entertainment to you all.

Seeing it every day gives me pleasure as does the wonderful thoughts you've sent!

Many thanks...

:worthy:

• Like 1

IIRC somewhere (near the beginning of your build thread?)

I voiced my opinion that I didn't much go on Rolls Royce, preferring the likes of Isotta Fraschini or Hispano Suiza

and hence implying that it wasn't a subject that really interested me  .......

...... well - I've followed your build all the way (along with all your trials and tribulations) and I can only say that your end result

has totally won me over in every way; it is magnificent, and you should be very very proud of what you have produced :thumbsup2:.

3 hours ago, elderly said:

IIRC somewhere (near the beginning of your build thread?)

I voiced my opinion that I didn't much go on Rolls Royce, preferring the likes of Isotta Fraschini or Hispano Suiza

and hence implying that it wasn't a subject that really interested me  .......

...... well - I've followed your build all the way (along with all your trials and tribulations) and I can only say that your end result

has totally won me over in every way; it is magnificent, and you should be very very proud of what you have produced :thumbsup2:.

You racer-guys are tough customers :whip: BUT, I am thrilled to have ultimately pleased a skeptic. And I also thank you for saying so.

Early-on I often said that my direction would not please everyone. It may not have, but those not pleased are possibly being polite and not saying so. But I would gladly welcome negative views. That always has value as perspective on one's work.

Thanks to all and Ken, cheers for your also newly completed FIAT. :worthy:

Is that a few crumbs I see on the carpet...just kidding, if my eyes were like your profile picture it would be from look so hard to find fault and finding non, that my dear fellow is an awe-inspiring model from a golden age of motoring. Fantastic. The detail is superb and in some pics looks like the real thing which from a modelling point has to be the best accolade I can give.

Gary 

• Like 1

I continue to be blown away by the positive response and hugely generous compliments of you all. I also include the gang of you who have issued 'likes' - very, very kind of all.

Thanks,

C

This is one of my favorite builds of all time. Truly an inspirational build and thanks for all the fantastic tips and detailed pictures along the way. It has been a very rewarding journey and thanks for sharing.

Regards,

Jeremy

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A final touch...

After a long period of self-debate, I decided to add the frequently-used wheel covers that the RR factory provided. There may be mixed opinions about this but I'm most pleased with the 'sophistication' they add. Besides, unbolting the center cap easily removes them.  B) Some professionals build them with 2 different looks per side just to establish that the wire wheels were in fact built.

IMG_6647_HIM.jpg

• Like 3