Continuing issues with Switched Users

I'm seeing some changes to the server as I mooch about, so I think Support are working on it.  There might be a reboot coming, so don't post anything huge without taking a backup first ;)

See? I was right, there was a reboot in the offing :smartass: 

I'm seeing your individual IP addresses now, and I'm hoping that has fixed the issue.  Let's see, eh? :)  Don't forget to log out, clear caches and restart your browser.  I'll clear caches this end too.

Testing, testing. Bullbasket here, currently logged in as St.George. Actually, rather appropriate, as SWMBO is out on the veranda breathing fire and smoke. I do wish that she'd give that filthy habit up.

Just tried to post two different messages. The first one came up with a page saying 501 Gateway, and the second one went to a page that said this page not available. This is getting more and more like Alice in Wonderland....curiouser and curiouser. The first sign of a white rabbit and I'm out of here.

John. 

• Like 1

I'm not sure if I'm me or not me but I am taking medication for it!

Not quite sure how upsetting the modelling community of 'site B, by 'site X, gets back at the Administrator of Site B, as it would be quiet easy for Mike to simply shut the doors, walk away and get on with his life (how many of us would have done so, in similar situations particularly given its only a hobby and not a full time job), leaving however many members, Britmodeller has, wee weed off, with whoever it is carrying out the attack!

Mike (and all the mods) stand tall and thanks from me to giving me a place to visit, if only in the background!

To the berk carrying out - or more likely getting someone else to do the dirty work for them - GROW UP

5 minutes ago, st george said:

Beardie again, I am now Saint George anybody seen that darn dragon?

No, I'm St George! Maybe it's not Alice in Wonderland. Maybe it's Python after all...............follow the gourd!

John. (Bullbasket).

It appears that I am who I am but would prefer to be somebody else, with a touch more technical know-how as it appears that this was a duplicate post :)

Edited by Tony C

5 minutes ago, st george said:

Beardie again, I am now Saint George anybody seen that darn dragon?

No, I'm St George! Maybe it's not Alice in Wonderland. Maybe it's Python after all...............follow the gourd!

John. (Bullbasket).

Well that was a total PITA. :owww: Support have managed to get us back online, so have a mooch about and post away with gay abandon to test things are working.  Any issues, just report back in the appropriate thread :)

Was that a re-boot or an attack?

PS. my Camelot posting above took just over 6 minutes to post - but that was then

edit; I've just noticed that the system posted it twice, at different times, as it did a few others

3 minutes ago, Black Knight said:

Was that a re-boot or an attack?

It's anyone's guess at this stage. :blink: Support were all over the place fixing things for a bit there.  We've even got IPS crawling the forum software at the moment trying to see if they can help.  Glad those guys work the weekend, and that we pay our service contract promptly  :thanks:

Things seem to be OK here now and the speed looks to have improved a little, but I have also had a bit of a tidy up here too so that may be helping matters. So for now I would like to say that

I AM SPARTACUS... I think :)

I get the feeling things are working a little better since the outage.  IPS support have checked things over, and given their software a clean bill of health, and Support seem to have got us back online.  Is anyone still suffering from a case of mistaken identity, or are you all back to feeling yourselves again?  Might explain why you're all too busy to type :hmmm::puke:

Just now, nimrod54 said:

but I have also had a bit of a tidy up here too so that may be helping matters

A tidy desk and freshly hoovered carpets might not be much use to the server though :wicked:

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Mike said:

:rolleyes: But are you who you say you are?

I don't feel the need to be anyone else. 

A younger version of me though.....

Sir Trevor of Gordale

• Like 1

Right then, we have to look at the bright side of all this rot. If we post something that's total rubbish, we can now just claim that it's this 'Bug' doing it. At least, that's what I'm going to do. Not that I ever post total rubbish, of course. Except perhaps this, if I even did post it. Or did I dream it?

Best Regards,

#TheRealDonaldTrump  Jason

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, st george said:

Sorry to say Mike, but I've just logged on again and I'm still with the Dragon and my day is still April 23rd.

John (Bullbasket).

Do the log out, clear cache and restart browser dance if you've not done it already John :)

• Like 1