Buccaneer S Mk.2B

Nice looking Buc! Great work. Can't wait for the new Tanmodel kit to appear, although dread to think how much it will cost. A new-tool Airfix version is well overdue and would complement nicely their new RN Phantom.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nimrod54 said:

That's looking great Michelle. Not far off being finished now I would think, what's next?

Thank you,  can't decide what to tackle next. I'm currently also working on Nakajima Kate, and am thinking as that is quite detailed doing a Revell Hurricane or Airfix Tornado. 

• Like 1

Any of those would be a good choice and the Spit makes up into a nice model. I made one a few years ago, OOB apart from some etch belts, and remember it being a fairly straightforward build.

35210683664_aec165bedf.jpg

I look forward to watching your build. Apologies for the thread drift, let's get this splendid Buccaneer finished first.

• Like 1

Hi Michelle,

I really like what you've achieved with the Buc. Your progress from kit to kit is quite spectacular.

Well done!

The new tool Spit looks like a good choice, although I have not seen it in "the flesh" yet.

Keep at it and have a lot of fun!

JR

• Like 1

After 2 coats of Windsor and Newton matt varnish, the Buc is finally finished and ready for inspection. Apart from a few minor lessons learnt, it has been a thoroughly enjoyable build. The kit went together with ease, and I hope pays a good tribute to the pilots who flew the mighty Buccaneer in the Gulf. I fell for this aircraft when I saw one in the raf museum in London, and I'm really chuffed with my dirty little desert storm Buc. Definitely one of my favourite builds so far. Thanks for all your advice and encouragement.

DSC_2786

DSC_2788

DSC_2790

DSC_2792

• Like 2