Hello folks!

This is a P-400 from the 39th FS 35th FG based at 12 miles aerodrome in 42 during the heavy fights against the Tainan Kokutai and the "Bettys" from Rabaul. best regards.

DSC_0002.jpg
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg
DSC_0006.jpg
DSC_0007.jpg
DSC_0008.jpg

• Like 44

Really well done and the weathering truly fits in with the monsoonal conditions that this aircraft would have operated in.

The colours look good and like anything from this time period are always subject to debate - however I'm not arguing at all with this one.

Would you mind telling us what paints you used for the three main colours?

Cheers and well modelled... Dave.

Thanks Rabbit leader, I have used Gunze brand, H-311 for the undersides, H-310 and H-320 for the brown and green. Cheers to down under.

Zigomar,

Down Under salutes you!

Thanks for the paint tips - good thing I switched to Gunze paints a couple of years ago, they just seem to behave a lot better for me than most other brands. 

Cheers.. Dave   

Superb.  There's some terrific weathering on display.  I particularly like the exhaust staining.  Wasn't the P400 nicknamed the 'P40 with a Zero on its tail'?

Always hard to find measure with weathering....when it is enough.

You found it on this model.

Great dirty effect, really look how it should look in the rough environment during engagement

Simply amazing

Best regards, Djordje

Dobry den! Very easy to do, less easy to master! First make a very liquid wash with turpentine and black oil mixed with Burnt sierra. Take a medium brush, deep in the sauce then using your right hand finger, the one you like the best, pull back on the brush hair and give the plane a shower! If to much then whip with a turpentine wet tissue and do it again untill you are satisfied with the effects. Is that clear enough? Cheers.

• Like 1

It is a good technic to simulate dirt and oil streaks. With the same process, but then using a flat brush, you have to pull the splatches in the direction of the relative wind, works pretty well!

• Like 1