Thanks for the appreciation guys. 

Quite pleased with the way its turned out. Think its down to the complimentary colours for the panel line washes on the uppers rather than using a contrasting colour wash which can over emphasise the panel lines. 

I used green brown on the RLM 02 and deep grey for the RLM 70. 

The lower ones do stand out a bit, but you could argue more dirt and run off would collect in them. It was the blue grey wash on the RLM 76

Tony

• Like 1

HI Tony - That's a great build with careful attention to detail on the panel/rivet mouldings. I'm awed that it just took 2 months to achieve pretty spectacular results. Must have a go at one of the Trumpeter offerings some time.

Cheers - Paul

• Like 1

Superb model. I was surprised to see the tires unweighted. I don't know why I expected them to look more under load. I thought it strange that this might have been missed by the manufacturer , but when I had a root about on google here I can see the the real tires on the real aircraft are exactly as you have rendered them. Useful lesson for me :)

Edited by Deon
innaccuracy
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Deon said:

Superb model. I was surprised to see the tires unweighted. I don't know why I expected them to look more under load. I thought it strange that this might have been missed by the manufacturer , but when I had a root about on google here I can see the the real tires on the real aircraft are exactly as you have rendered them. Useful lesson for me :)

Cheers mate 👍🏿

I think its more to do with the fact they are made of rubber, but have plastic hubs. (Common theme in hobbytrump kits - a bit marmite) so I couldn't sand them down a touch like I normally would on builds...

• Like 1

Where are the pictures of the model....?

That is one seriously stunning piece of work Tony.  There is no doubt that the recipient will be chuffed to bits with it.

Great skill and attention to detail.  What's the story with the GPMG...?

Phil

• Like 1

Hi Tony,

great job on the 109 , cockpit really stands out , I have the same kit and found it to be a enjoyable build with out any problems.

How did you get on with the Vallejo metal colour ? I have read good and not so good things about it.

Guy

• Like 1

Ah, the SF GPMG.  Awesome bit of kit (especially on a night shoot...!!), cleaning the gas parts afterwards not so awesome......

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Spitfire31 said:

Beautiful modelling exercise! But that way-over-the-top chipped prop looks out of place on an almost factory finished machine, I think.

Kind regards,

Joachim

Thanks for the input mate, however, way I see it- the plane(s) apparently had a field repaint in these colours, so

the prop is older/original but the paint job is newer...

I think plane would have been originally in 74/75/76 and then they repainted them to suit flying over the steppes and forests of southern Russia? 

Anyone else know for sure? 

Tony

Hello,Tony - My full compliments to you on another magnificent build.Superbly painted and finished in your customary style, this '109' is a credit to Trumpeter and to your expertise. Her new owner will be highly delighted!

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Ah, the SF GPMG.  Awesome bit of kit (especially on a night shoot...!!), cleaning the gas parts afterwards not so awesome......

Yep spent many an hour getting black fingers cleaning parts then just as long having to scrub hands afterwards! 

3 hours ago, steveinnscotia said:

Absolutely stunning model ! Thanks for posting .

A question, the reference information from the colour plates, where did it come from as regards a publication ?

Hi mate, I imagine its the 2nd picture you are on about?

Thats the xtradecal sheet instructions - it quotes -

'messerschmitt bf 109 f g & k series, schiffer, page 67' 

hope this helps. 

Tony