"Eyewintess" based on the movie "Hot Shots!"

About three years ago, after Airfix released "Folland Gnat" in the 48th scale, I had an idea to create a diorama based on the movie "Hot Shots!". And I even started working on this topic.

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234984908-hot-shots-airfix-148-folland-gnat-aka-oscar-ew-5894/#comment-2048342
But there was a problem - there were no decals. And I had nowhere to print them.
So I decided to freeze for a while diormau with "Folland Gnat" and decided to make another, less large-scale, but no less ambitious.

So, the diorama based on the film "Hot Shots!" named "Eyewitness".

DSCN6210_zpsqke57jff.jpg

DSCN6222_zpsgnwzgbjp.jpg

DSCN6225_zpsvacnxbye.jpg

DSCN6192_zpsxqolhwjd.jpg

DSCN6199_zps1apwnztd.jpg

DSCN6185_zpstkpvpdyt.jpg

DSCN6182_zpsf9uwb7xx.jpg

DSCN6173_zpsy80eok3q.jpg

DSCN6190_zpsjuncfcht.jpg

DSCN6169_zpsfvpqpgrg.jpg

IMG_6880_c_zpsuqbauka1.jpg

IMG_6878_c_zpsw3chpdn8.jpg

IMG_6873_c_zps3csbz2lf.jpg

IMG_6872_c_zpstzduf0uu.jpg

IMG_6867_c_zpstlhr8s1d.jpg

IMG_6862_c_zpsjfnwrl3f.jpg

Edited by SgtPappas
  • Like 22

In this diorama i used Trumpeter 1/48 T-38C Talon, and couple Hasegawa's figures from Hasegawa 36006. 

Model is painted with Vallejo acrylic colors. 

On the diorama I tried to reproduce this moment.

vlcsnap-00036_zpsr92kmhdx.png

vlcsnap-00040_zps9n0kbeyq.png

vlcsnap-00039_zpsoawx4l1d.png

vlcsnap-00033_zpsvwajc1ts.png

vlcsnap-00024_zpsgbye8ohj.png

• Like 7

:rofl: Brilliant!

And the transparent tubing supports coming out from the jets is a fantastic idea... and not one I've seen before. So much better than the usual 'stick in the belly'.

Rearguards

Badder

Superb!  not only is the concept brilliant but the execution is too. The model is  very nicely done and the terrain below is very effective. I wonder what is next?

6 hours ago, Thud4444 said:

"If it makes you feel any better, I didn't have seconds."

Great model.  Where did you get the clear rods?

Clear rods is Tamiya's Clear Plastic Beams. They have two or three different sizes - 40sm long, and 3mm, 5mm, 8mm wide. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deon said:

Superb!  not only is the concept brilliant but the execution is too. The model is  very nicely done and the terrain below is very effective. I wonder what is next?

Next case is to finish this one :) Much larger, with two planes, truck, many figures and a dog :) 

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234984908-hot-shots-airfix-148-folland-gnat-aka-oscar-ew-5894/#comment-2048342

• Like 2

if i could give you a thousand likes i would. 

the subject is brilliant, the execution is superb, this is a truly refreshing diorama, how the hell did you come up with this idea?

Edited by cambridge
  • Like 2

On maandag 5 juni 2017 at 4:35 PM, SgtPappas said:

But there was a problem - there were no decals.

A tip for those working in 1/72nd - as a Dutch Aviation Megastore exclusive, the first run of Airfix Gnats featured a bonus sheet with Phallus markings:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/206199-flevo-decals-moviestars-hot-shot-s-ew-5894

Cheers,

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
On 09.06.2017 at 7:46 AM, cambridge said:

if i could give you a thousand likes i would. 

the subject is brilliant, the execution is superb, this is a truly refreshing diorama, how the hell did you come up with this idea?

Firstly, I'm a big fan of the movie. Especially the first part. A fan so much that I just can not watch Top Gun - before my eyes there is a moment out from Hot Shots!.
When Gnat appeared, I decided to make a diorama, in which funny moments from different parts of the movie will be collected: the beginning, the training flights and the preparation for the operation.
But, as I wrote above, there is a delay with decals.

In order not to lose time and work out the painting of the figures, I decided to make another moment from the film, which was not so difficult.
I used a Trumpeter model in 1/48 and figures from Hasegawa.
From collectors of railways took a painted porcelon for imitation of trees.

• 2 weeks later...

amazing diorama although I'm not quite which bit hits the highest scoring here - the concept, the actual quality of modelling or the fantastic miniature valley scenery below

a well deserved 10/10 from under the lid of Gimme Shelter

• Like 1