RS Models 1/72 Airspeed Envoy

Good afternoon,

This model has been on display shelf for sometime, it's the RS Models 1/72 kit finished in LAPE colors from the Spanish civil war.

To view my model just click on the secure link.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0YTyzb37wqFZy0xd1p0NmV0X0dQbU5Sd3NwZ3pMSDQyZ0g0

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0YTyzb37wqFaFhXTkxEVVJDWHhPSEVpaHVGbVUtWG5GMTBJ

• Like 6

Nice one!

I like Envoy. Many years ago I was eeger to have Envoy (it was in years before RS model appeard), so I did scratch conversion from Pavla Oxford...You may easily dig it out at RFI if you wish. I posted it in October 2014

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JWM said:

Nice one!

I like Envoy. Many years ago I was eeger to have Envoy (it was in years before RS model appeard), so I did scratch conversion from Pavla Oxford...You may easily dig it out at RFI if you wish. I posted it in October 2014

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

I did one even longer ago from the Frog Oxford. Might finish it one day! Or maybe just buy the RS models one like Colin did. Great job there.

• Like 2

On 6/5/2017 at 2:21 PM, JWM said:

Nice one!

Cheers

Jerzy-Wojtek

Thank you Jerzy-Wojtek,

I will look it up on the RFI it would be interesting to read and see it.  Your builds are of interest to me and I all ways learn from your modelling skills, particularly your scratch builds.

Cheers Colin.

• Like 1

On 6/5/2017 at 10:02 PM, alancmlaird said:

I did one even longer ago from the Frog Oxford. Might finish it one day! Or maybe just buy the RS models one like Colin did. Great job there.

Yes I did choose the easy option, a kit not without issues though.  I admire you guys that do scratch building, a skill I don't have but, would like to acquire them.

It would open up so many possibilities for me and you guys too.

6 hours ago, Colin1967 said:

Yes I did choose the easy option, a kit not without issues though.  I admire you guys that do scratch building, a skill I don't have but, would like to acquire them.

It would open up so many possibilities for me and you guys too.

You needed to have lived through the era when scratch-building was the only option for some even quite well known types! 
I also did an Airspeed Courier using a Frog Oxford, a DH6 (currently being renovated as part of the DH Group Build) and a Fournier RF5 (no idea why!), plus some other oddities. All of which gave me the attitude that a kit was a 'resource' rather than a build-from-the-box model.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, alancmlaird said:

You needed to have lived through the era when scratch-building was the only option for some even quite well known types! 
I also did an Airspeed Courier using a Frog Oxford, a DH6 (currently being renovated as part of the DH Group Build) and a Fournier RF5 (no idea why!), plus some other oddities. All of which gave me the attitude that a kit was a 'resource' rather than a build-from-the-box model.

I think I understand what you mean, ie: No kits like to-days wonderful offerings, just balsa wood, glue and plans ? And inspiration - That's what I call modelling.

I am amazed at what's been released so far, Mikro Mir Miles Aerovan and AVIS Aerofan for a start.  Good times for us kit builders I think?

19 minutes ago, Colin1967 said:

I am amazed at what's been released so far, Mikro Mir Miles Aerovan and AVIS Aerofan for a start.  Good times for us kit builders I think?

Me too! I was always going to scratch-build an Aerovan, but the fueslage was too curvey to form out of flat card, and too deep for an effective plunge-mould.......I'll be ordering one ASAP now.

Who'd have expected a 1/72 Brabazon either - though the price puts in into the 'trade in the family car' or 'remortgage the house' bracket.

Looks great and the Spanish markings are very appealing.  I too would like an Envoy and have been eyeing the kit issued with the attractive British civil markings.  Having not built an RS kit how did it go together?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Meatbox8 said:

Looks great and the Spanish markings are very appealing.  I too would like an Envoy and have been eyeing the kit issued with the attractive British civil markings.  Having not built an RS kit how did it go together?

Thank you for your kind comments.

The RS kit went together quite well, the only issues I had was with the glazing and canopy fitting of, the canopy was a little to tall and I had to spend a while using wet and dry to reduce it in height - I am quite happy with the outcome, the glazing was a little tricky as well to fit, but, am happy with the results.  I have also in the stash a Finnish version and a Croatian Envoy too.

Cheers

Colin.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, alancmlaird said:

Me too! I was always going to scratch-build an Aerovan, but the fueslage was too curvey to form out of flat card, and too deep for an effective plunge-mould.......I'll be ordering one ASAP now.

Who'd have expected a 1/72 Brabazon either - though the price puts in into the 'trade in the family car' or 'remortgage the house' bracket.

Yes, I can quite understand that about the Aerovan having studied the images of the sprues on here.

Again I will have to 're-mortgage the house' bracket for the Mikor Mir Ka-7 coming, but, I really want one of these.  Am also contemplating getting the AB Models Russian flying boat when it is released :smile:

• Like 2

• 6 years later...

Sorry to resurrect this ancient thread, but in the preceding nine years, has anyone produced a 1/48 Envoy?  In this age of 3D printing and such, I would not be surprised if such a kit exists, perhaps built in small numbers?  Thank you for any response.