Italeri Sd.Kfz 234/3 Panzerspähwagen 7,5cm

Here is another armour kit I fnished from the vintage Italeri boxing with the generic name "Armoured Car". :D And what can I say: Pretty good stuff. Easy to build, nice detail and looks the part. I took my time with painting and weathering it and I am pleased with the result. Whenever you run across this kit you may want to give it a go.

dsc04475.jpg

dsc04476.jpg

dsc04477.jpg

dsc04478.jpg

• Like 8

I built and painted another version of this vehicle with the large machine gun and MG34 arrangement.. I forget the vehicle designation... a 234/3 or something like that. It was also an Italeri kit, but reboxed by Tamiya and came with PE and a motorcycle/dispatch rider. It was a superb kit, and you got a lot for your money. I bought it through Amazon, but haven't been able to find another since. I wanted another because unfortunately I dropped mine at the final matt varnishing stage and smashed it, CA bonds shattering everywhere! Grrrrrrr!

Yours is a lovely job (and upon seeing it I'm really itching to find that kit I once had!)

I like the weathering, the 'as new' spare wheel, the rusty exhaust box, and particularly the satin finish. Satin is the way to go, I think. It makes AFV's look 'metal', which is something matt doesn't. It would be nice to see this in a small vignette, or a diorama.

Reaguards,

Badder

Edited by Badder
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Kris B said:

Good looking model. What paint do you used for base colour? 

Thanks! The paints are from Vallejo's Dunkelgelb shading set. It also has a dark yellow primer (not black as usual).

5 hours ago, Badder said:

I built and painted another version of this vehicle with the large machine gun and MG34 arrangement.. I forget the vehicle designation... a 234/3 or something like that. It was also an Italeri kit, but reboxed by Tamiya and came with PE and a motorcycle/dispatch rider. It was a superb kit, and you got a lot for your money. I bought it through Amazon, but haven't been able to find another since. I wanted another because unfortunately I dropped mine at the final matt varnishing stage and smashed it, CA bonds shattering everywhere! Grrrrrrr!

Yours is a lovely job (and upon seeing it I'm really itching to find that kit I once had!)

I like the weathering, the 'as new' spare wheel, the rusty exhaust box, and particularly the satin finish. Satin is the way to go, I think. It makes AFV's look 'metal', which is something matt doesn't. It would be nice to see this in a small vignette, or a diorama.

Reaguards,

Badder

Thank you!

Your vehicle sounds like the 234/1, with 20mm autocannon. Offered by Tamiya and Italeri. Also a nice vehicle, but unfortunately hard to find in the (cheaper) Italeri boxing at the moment. The Tamiya version is kind of expensive.

I think I will build the Puma at some point (should I come across one).

A very interesting vehicle, I must have one mounted, lost by some box in a closet, my other stage as a modeler .. someday I have to look for it and see how it is, for the box of spare parts ... or to renovate it .. .

:popcorn:cheers cheezburger :D

• Like 1