An Idiot's Guide to Posting Photos from Village Photos.

Bullbasket

• 2 weeks later...

This keeps coming up every so often and it does make me wonder if it's an issue with certain browsers. Each time it gets a mention, I immediately log in to my account with no trouble whatsoever. Maybe Internet Explorer isn't affected by whatever the problem is. As far as the security aspect is concerned, I'm not too worried as all there is in my portfolio on VP are photos of models. No, not those sort. 1/35th scale tanks.

John.

Edited by Bullbasket
typo.
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Is Village Photos still working ?  When I go to their site it says it is unsecure and their security certificate expired 5 days ago.  Tried to upload some photos to a post, but only managed a few before it no longer worked....

10 hours ago, Roger Holden said:

Is Village Photos still working ?  When I go to their site it says it is unsecure and their security certificate expired 5 days ago.  Tried to upload some photos to a post, but only managed a few before it no longer worked....

Hello,Roger - I’ve got the same issue, my friend.I cannot access the site and getting the same message as you when I try to do so.
The issue must be with Village Photos and not with us.

Hopefully they’ll get it resolved asap.

We won’t be the only ones affected by this.😉👍

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, mcdonnell said:

We won’t be the only ones affected by this.

You're not. I've emailed them to find out what's going on, but as you would expect, no reply. All of my photos and even my signature at the bottom of each post, disappeared for a few days. For me, they have now returned and I can see everything, but some people are still unable to see them. I think that is possibly down to whatever server they are using. Accessing the site is still not easy, and when I did get into it, it didn't look right, so I didn't risk signing in with my password.

I'm now using Imgur to post photos on BM.

John.

• Like 2

I left a message on their FB page and to my surprise they replied and said they are awaiting a new security certificate, which should see things restored. We'll see, or I'll be looking for my 4th hosting site to post on BM.....☹️

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Roger Holden said:

I left a message on their FB page and to my surprise they replied and said they are awaiting a new security certificate, which should see things restored. We'll see, or I'll be looking for my 4th hosting site to post on BM.....☹️

At least that shows that someone is still alive. Let's hope that it all sorts itself out soon. Meanwhile, Imgur is my friend.

John.

• Like 2

It seems that whatever security certificate VP needed, they got and have uploaded.

All of my photos here on BM, which had disappeared, just like @Peter Milgate - even on group builds going back up to 2 years ago, and all of which had been hosted on VP - are visible again,   I was also able, late last night, to upload a new photo from VP in the Matchbox Group build, so everything seems to be fine again.....for now.

Many thanks for @Roger Holden for getting through to them.

Cheers,

Philip

None of my VP photos are appearing in Chrome, Edge, or Opera. I have been spending the last wee moving them all to imgbox, and am only half done, but those that I have moved do appear.

8 hours ago, hsr said:

None of my VP photos are appearing in Chrome, Edge, or Opera. I have been spending the last wee moving them all to imgbox, and am only half done, but those that I have moved do appear.

Hello,hsr - I keep checking every couple of days to see if VP are back online but no joy as yet.I use Apple.

I don't think they fixed anything up to now.

From @dogsbody 's post earlier (the one with the Capt. Morgan) from 7-10-2019:

y4m9K1LBZF-QABAqmYvKPPrN0u1E4iQBcnpp7Ej5

That's an available testcase, so let's use open in New tab and check out what is actually sent over the wire using F12 devtools in browsers..

y4m5R_aYikAU1kmG2ZxlknWgataKe4doFybgMA-Q

Pics are served over non-secured plaintext HTTP. 

And if I prepend the https://  TLS prefix which should use the cert it still shows as problematic - and on checking the certificate itself:

y4mOVQLJt7ve_C5jl0HZTmdYTb0mbWI11rcVHqhL

• Thanks 2

• Mike locked this topic

See the first post on this topic for important information about Village Photos and why it's not a good idea to use them since they let their SSL Security Certificate lapse in Jan/Feb 2022

• Like 1