Blackburn Roc Floatplane Target Tug

On 10/26/2019 at 10:17 PM, Martian Hale said:

r55.jpg

Well I like this one. 😀 But you knew I’d say that. 🤣

Yes each time their own I’m just chuffed you’re nibbling at the weathering biscuit. 🤗 the final outcome looks stunning regardless. Loving the yellow dear boy. Very very cool.

Johnny

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Well I like this one. 😀 But you knew I’d say that. 🤣

Yes each time their own I’m just chuffed you’re nibbling at the weathering biscuit. 🤗 the final outcome looks stunning regardless. Loving the yellow dear boy. Very very cool.

Johnny

Thanks Johnny, your suspicions were correct. The model still has a slightly used look about it but it's second incarnation is as far as I want my models to go and that on a very rare occasion. Still, at least the BM world knows I can do weathering even if I can't put up with it long term.

In best Frank N Furter voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siPxyOxeQBc

Pristine of Mars 👽

PS: I wonder how actors manage when they have to perform Macbeth?  I mean, they have to say Macbeth squillions of times during the play. :hmmm:

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Hamden said:

Outstanding result Martian well worth the wait!

Roger

Thanks Roger, I am glad that it is finished, the build was more difficult than I had anticipated, mostly due to the adaptions needed for the target towing parts of the model. I recall that when I converted the Pavla Roc kit to a floatplane, it didn't give me anything like the grief that this did, even allowing for the fact that it was in 1/72 scale.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

Well it may have taken you longer than expected but the result more than compensates for that. The fading of the paintwork is very realistic IMHO - but then I am like you and do not like overdone weathering on models - unrealistic for the most part to my mind.

P

• Like 1

Martian you may know I have been hors de combat for a few days

Permit me to say what a privilege it is to return from the dock to find this beauty ready for the fray

Simply superb and I think you know my opinion of weathering as an art form, tain't artistic and it ain't realistic

The Roc is both, splendid my old alien splendid

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pheonix said:

Well it may have taken you longer than expected but the result more than compensates for that. The fading of the paintwork is very realistic IMHO - but then I am like you and do not like overdone weathering on models - unrealistic for the most part to my mind.

P

Thanks Phoenix, nice clean models for me in future. I have stepped out of my comfort zone enough for this millennium. 

4 hours ago, perdu said:

Martian you may know I have been hors de combat for a few days

Permit me to say what a privilege it is to return from the dock to find this beauty ready for the fray

Simply superb and I think you know my opinion of weathering as an art form, tain't artistic and it ain't realistic

The Roc is both, splendid my old alien splendid

Very kind of you to say so Bill. I trust you will be well enough to attend the big bun fight next weekend?

Concerned of Mars 👽

16 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Johnny, your suspicions were correct. The model still has a slightly used look about it but it's second incarnation is as far as I want my models to go and that on a very rare occasion. Still, at least the BM world knows I can do weathering even if I can't put up with it long term.

In best Frank N Furter voice:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siPxyOxeQBc

Pristine of Mars 👽

PS: I wonder how actors manage when they have to perform Macbeth?  I mean, they have to say Macbeth squillions of times during the play. :hmmm:

Oooh you swine .

” Hot potato, orchestra stalls, puck will make amends. “ 👃tweak! 😮ouch. 🤣

And you’re perfectly correct, I never for one minute assumed you couldn’t weather your kits as you have transcended all human capabilities. 😇 she looks just the way the Doctor ordered. 🤩🤩🤩

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Very kind of you to say so Bill. I trust you will be well enough to attend the big bun fight next weekend?

Concerned of Mars 

Just had a bit of surgery and recovering
I have every intention of fighting with buns but having a bad time searching for mobility aids

What is it with TIC, their site is pants

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Oooh you swine .

You called?

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Just had a bit of surgery and recovering
I have every intention of fighting with buns but having a bad time searching for mobility aids

What is it with TIC, their site is pants

I just phoned them up to sort a buggy out and didn't have any trouble. It might be a bit late but give it a go anyway, what's to lose?

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, OutcastJoel said:

Wow, I love this. I have to echo the others that the very light weathering looks better. I don't have the same aversion to dirty machines in general but it has to be right for me not anyone else!

Thanks Joel, my thoughts exactly.

Martian 👽

Beautiful! Just enough weathering to look sun-faded, as it should. I'm totally with you on the unweathered look though! I think it's partly because I'm too lazy, and partly because it scares the crap out of me! Give me rigging any time!

Ian

• Like 2

6 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Beautiful! Just enough weathering to look sun-faded, as it should. I'm totally with you on the unweathered look though! I think it's partly because I'm too lazy, and partly because it scares the crap out of me! Give me rigging any time!

Ian

Thanks Ian.

Martian 👽