HMS Aurora 1/700 Flyhawk

These models coming from Flyhawk are in a different league .The kit is just superb,it comes with everything you need except the the wooden deck which I have bought.The masts are very thin,I,m going with then,to see how they go,but  might have to change to bass.Watch J1 this is a small part ,and yes lost it already,however ,were it went, no one will know. .:D The last photo is to show the detail in this model.I have added  nothing. :jabber:

VPvwNCJ.jpg

QJi22Uq.jpg

lwf271L.jpg

CFLbA9s.jpg

SO7Udum.jpg

• Like 13

Looking good, mine's nearly done, I got distracted by the Flyhawk Hermes. I would say you don't need the wooden deck, I painted the wooden decks on mine, the wooden decks just make painting easier. I did start my Aurora well before there was a wooden deck for it though.

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

The kit is something else isn't it!

Good work on it so far, I've got her in the stash along with Naiad, just waiting for some time to start them (and to finish off the blessed huge 1/24 Spitfire the in laws got me).

Watching with great interest! 

Geoff 

• Like 1

You do not realise how much detail is in this model until you see the hand shots 

real small but perfectly formed 

beefy

• Like 1

Looking good - it's a fine kit.  

I wonder if any aftermarket options for doing a full hull version will appear in the future.

Ross. 

• Like 1

The Aurora kit comes with an optional lower hull (plus props/rudders etc) as do all the Flyhawk kits I've bought so far (Hermes, Aurora, Naiad and Campbeltown).

So no need for aftermarket lower hulls, which explains why no one has done any!

thanks

Mike

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Mikemx said:

The Aurora kit comes with an optional lower hull (plus props/rudders etc) as do all the Flyhawk kits I've bought so far (Hermes, Aurora, Naiad and Campbeltown).

So no need for aftermarket lower hulls, which explains why no one has done any!

thanks

Mike

Ah, that's great to hear - my Fyhawk Derfflinger is a waterline only and I'd assumed that was the case across the entire range. I'll have to pick up one of these new RN subjects at some point as they seem to be top notch. 

Cheers,

Ross. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

That's the rigging done and railing finished,just the radar on the mast,ships boats and crew to fit,also trying a new link,instead of Photobucket,if this works,I will change over to imgur and keep PB for a year.to keep those links,for the photo's,I do have photo my ships on the gallery of Modelwarships,so not is lost.here goes.

Rh8oMne.jpg

kdsPquY.jpg

• Like 8