B-32 Dominator photo collection

72modeler

I found this site today and thought  some of you might find it a useful modeling reference; IIRC the 1/72  Aviation Usk vacform is the only kit in the scale, but maybe a few of you might have it- I have one, but haven't gotten up enough nerve to start it! Sure was a pretty airplane, but had a lot of problems that took too long to work out, and the reason it was built, as a backup in the event that the B-29 was unsuitable, never materialized. Sadly, the last remaining example that was in open air storage at Davis Monthan was scrapped shortly after the war.

Mike

http://axis-and-allies-paintworks.com/e107_plugins/forum/forum_viewtopic.php?315.0

Here's one I've had for a while - I assume a 'rework' aircraft, and apparently marked Tokyo Express, but other than that I have no idea. I did wonder if it was one of those 'milestone' aircraft that were marked by employees during construction.

B-32%208_zpsp0uxmbk8.jpg

Edited by Sabrejet
typo
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Sabrejet said:

Here's one I've had for a while - I assume a 'rework' aircraft, and apparently marked Tokyo Express, but other than that I have no idea. I did wonder if it was one of those 'milestone' aircraft that were marked by employees during construction.

B-32%208_zpsp0uxmbk8.jpg

Great photo! Maybe it was the last one on the assembly line? Just found this site with additional text, photos, and drawings. I remember seeing a photo taken at Davis Monthan  after the war that showed a lineup of aircraft earmarked by Hap Arnold for the museum he visualized- the lineup included Enola gay, Strawberry Bitch, and a B-32, among others...a shame that several of the airplanes in the photo were scrapped before they could be preserved. IIRC he also wanted one each of the major Axis aircraft to be earmarked for the museum...very few of those survivors ended up being saved- what a collection it would have made!

Mike

https://forum.warthunder.com/index.php?/topic/246996-b-32-dominator-heavy-bomber/