What is this?

ShipbuilderMN

Hi Tim

Thanks for your post.  I've forwarded the eBay link on to Steve and Sue at the marina.

I'll pop down to see them on Monday and see if they have any more news.  I'm sure they will be members of the local businesses organisation and I'll remind them that passing this guy's name on to all the other marinas in the North West would be the "neighbourly" thing to do!

Cheers

Jenny

to put my oar in again, no pun intended,

the new owner surely needs to be made aware that he very probably paid approx 4k more than he need have paid.

because his pocket was picked by the sellers shill bids.

this can be proved beyond reasonable doubt by looking at his past sales and the suspicious bidding.

if your friends at the marina could have a word in his shell like about this.

or just point him to this thread ?

rgds phil.

ebay will do absolutely nothing about it for sure.

https://community.ebay.co.uk/t5/Seller-Central/Obvious-shill-bidding-but-ebay-does-nothing/td-p/5019608

he has been clever enough to open new ebay id's for each auction he intends to shill so its difficult to prove. but the signs are there and if i were the buyer i would ask the seller to identify the bidder who bid up to 18k. i would not part with my money untill i had satisfied myself the other bidder was genuine. always remembering it could be an associate of the seller.

Edited by noseyinterloper
extra info

Hi Phil et al.

Thank you for the ebay information; I was going to report him to eBay but,having read through the thread on the eBay forums you linked to I guess I won't bother.

I went to the Marina this morning and spoke to Sue, one of the directors. She was pretty angry that the guy had broken the terms and conditions of the marina berthing contract by removing goods from a boat after sale but, as he didn't list the items until he had received his security bond back from the marina there is nothing practical that they can do. The new owner is not local (lives in the Midlands?) and is therefore probably not up to speed with events going on around the marina. Although he is supposed to be contacting me the next time he is in Preston I have no way of contacting him.

I'll spread the word about him on the boating forums I subscribe to. Word spreads quick amongst the boating community (especially liveaboards!).

All the best

Jenny