Tamiya A6M-3 Hamp 1:72

I finally finished this one. Tamiya's 1:72 A6M3; short-winged zero marked as a machine stationed at Buna Field, New Guinea, during the summer of 1942. Great little kit. No issues. I painted it with the usual Tamiya and Vallejo colors. A few light washes for weathering. I kept the weathering light and subtle, which is boring to some, but looks better on 1:72 kits, in my opinion.

IMG_20170529_181415686_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170529_181429501_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170529_181455773_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170529_181511669_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170529_181542973_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170529_181558928_HDR.jpg

and my small (surviving) family of Zeros. Hasegawa A6M2-N, Tamiya A6M3, Tamiya A6M5

IMG_20170529_181654908_HDR.jpg

• Like 32

10 hours ago, SoftScience said:

I finally finished this one. Tamiya's 1:72 A6M3; short-winged zero marked as a machine stationed at Buna Field, New Guinea, during the summer of 1942. Great little kit. No issues. I painted it with the usual Tamiya and Vallejo colors. A few light washes for weathering. I kept the weathering light and subtle, which is boring to some, but looks better on 1:72 kits, in my opinion.

Hi SoftScience,

Very nice finish and degree of weathering on that Hamp.

Regards,

David

That's come out well, the Tamiya 72nd Zero's are good kits and your's is very nice. Kit decals ?

Slightly off subject any thoughts on the Hasegawa Rufe ?

Stu

A very smart looking Hamp with an attractive scheme and a beautifully smooth finish.  Good to see the family photo to compare types.  The clipped wings of the Hamp give it a more modern and efficient look in my view. 

It's not my usual modelling area but with so many new kits of Japanese types coming on the market and great decal schemes form the likes of Rising Decals I'm quite tempted to start a small collection of the more colourful types. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stu said:

That's come out well, the Tamiya 72nd Zero's are good kits and your's is very nice. Kit decals ?

Slightly off subject any thoughts on the Hasegawa Rufe ?

Stu

Yep; kit decals. 

I like the Hasegawa zeros. They don't have the detail of Tamiya on the interior, and the canopies can't be opened, but the exteriors look just fine.

I'm not sure how the kits compare on price, as its been a long time since I've seen an individually packaged Hase zero. They usually come as parts of a set now. 

If I was to buy just one more zero kit though - I would make it Tamiya. 

• Like 1