Halifax B Mk. I/II/GRII - Revell 1/72

Erm. Ced.

Whilst reading the glider thread, a little while ago, a word jumped out at me.

Birthday.

I was wondering when it might pop up in the thread, but it didn't. So I thought it would pop up soon in this one :hmmm: 

Then I got curious and popped over to see if your birthday is on your profile.

It is. The 28th of May.

Now, I could be barking up the wrong tree, got my knickers in a twist or just generally dropped a ballbearing, but in your thread on the 28th I find no mention of a birthday:

Perhaps, you, like me, are not quite as fond of birthdays as when we were four, or five, or even 10 :jelly:  :xmasparty:.

Just in case my investigations are correct, or I have missed the best wishes elsewhere on Britmodeller, may I wish you a belated 

:hbd::partytime:

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 6

Thanks Johnny and Alex - I hope normal service will be resumed over the weekend :)

Thanks TT - it was indeed the 28th and, as you say, not quite the celebration it was 'in the old days'... it's not that I'm worried about ageing, it's just that the family find it very difficult to find something to buy me that I want and haven't already got! Security has its down sides :) 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, limeypilot said:

Ditto Ced! You mean you can't think of any tools for them to buy you????

Ian

Same thought crossed my mind .... :whistle::D 

Ciao

• Like 1

Quite; many happy returns, Ced. I'd have thought a present was obvious: some sort of short-run obscure kit, preferably Ukrainian with encrypted instructions, which you can then build for the edification and entertainment of us lot!

• Like 2

Thanks Tony, Keith, Ian, Giorgio, Johnny, Jon, Cookie, Chris and Simon, you are all very kind Gentlemen :D

i did send them a link to my Scalemates wishlist but I think they're scared they'll get the wrong thing... pathetic excuse.

I have a draft document to review over the weekend and the purchasers want a quick sale so hopefully I'll be a free man soon!!

• Like 2

Thanks Stew! Please don't worry (anyone) - I ceased to become sensitive about this sort of thing ages ago...

On 10/06/2017 at 8:39 AM, Pete in Lincs said:

Erm, the exhausts. (176/177)

So they're to be fitted backwards then?

I have to say, all in all, the Revell Halifax instructions are some of the worst I have ever come across from a mainstream manufacturer.  You have to really know/research Halifax variants to navigate through them.  I've never made more notes on a sheet. 

• Like 2

NOTE TO SELF...

"REMEMBER TO PLAY NICE, MIKE WILL BE WATCHING"

I had a dream

I dreamed that only Itac..Italian kits from a manufacturer of weirdly poor kits, were that bad Ced

I had the same dream, telling me that Revell were always wonderful

Then I remembered building a Sauber C22 the engine of which you could not close the engine cover unless you took the engine off its proper mounting place and left it glued to the rear suspenders but tucked well away

And I realised they can all be duff

Hell of a dream  :(

Still with a cohort of willing lookers and fettlers standing by this will be beautiful

Yikes! Well spotted Pete... as our esteemed leader said

• Like 2

Thanks guys :)

Apologies for the lack of progress - work is still at the front of my mind and everytime I think about some relaxing modelling I see this on the bench:

34858503210_ca2376f33d_z.jpg

and I still have to decide whether to modify the windows or, bearing in mind the incorrect nose, just get on with it OOB

More meetings tomorrow, sorry :( 

• Like 6