Halifax B Mk. I/II/GRII - Revell 1/72

1 hour ago, Fritag said:

The eyes of the world are on you Ced :) (this may be a touch hyperbolic.....)

No pressure then!

I'm looking forward to this one Ced.

Trevor

• Like 1

Look forward to seeing how you get on with this one Ced,

I started this thread when the Revell Halifax was released. I really need to get back on with this one some day and finish it......

Hope you find it useful when making your model.

Mark

Page two and still no sign of... progress (almost got in one of my favourite Pantomime quotes there. Oh no I didn't!)

7 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Transfers......that reminds me of those sets you could get when I was a kid, with a fold out background scene and a sheet of rub down transfers of cowboys and Indians or whatever the subject was, to be added where ever your imagination said they should be!

Ian

Thanks Ian :) Jon (06/24) started the 'Campaign for Waterslide Transfers' (CAWTS) a while ago when Stew asked how to pronounce 'decals' and Doug replied "it's pronounced 'transfers'". Quite right for Britmodeller, of course, and something that's stuck (with me anyway). Mostly. I remember those sheets too... great fun :) 

7 hours ago, HP42 said:

Now this should be interesting. If no aftermarket we see what it looks like OOB. With aftermarket and we get a nice insight into resin bits. Either way we win as interested spectators. 😆

Thanks Phil :) Good point. As a kit basher (not good enough for 'modeller') I should maintain my OOB mantra shouldn't I?

3 hours ago, Christer A said:

Still on first page?

That must be a first...

Nice to see you back in the usual WIP place Ced, it was getting a little empty...

Good luck with this one, and have lots of fun now!

Thanks Christer - I was tempted over to the DH GB but back now... until Jaime's floatplane GB in September anyway :) 

2 hours ago, Beard said:

This might help you decide: 

(Mind you, it also throws the Aeroclib set into the mix.)

Thanks Simon - definitely helps! I'm leaning back towards OOB now, lazy man that I am...

1 hour ago, Stew Dapple said:

I'm in Ced, good luck :D

Cheers,

Stew

Thanks Stew! :D 

1 hour ago, Fritag said:

The eyes of the world are on you Ced :) (this may be a touch hyperbolic.....)

Thanks Steve - what, all of them??!! Better check my clothing... (standard pre-speech checks apply)

10 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

No pressure then!

I'm looking forward to this one Ced.

Trevor

Thanks Trevor... no, er, um, no pressure :shutup: 

1 minute ago, FZ6 said:

Look forward to seeing how you get on with this one Ced,

I started this thread when the Revell Halifax was released. I really need to get back on with this one some day and finish it......

Hope you find it useful when making your model.

Mark

Thanks Mark - I think that's done it for me; 15 pages of discussion!! 

Right, decided. As a lazy kit basher with limited scratch skills I'm going to do this OOB (with probably different idents to keep my RAF theme). 

I hope this doesn't disappoint anyone... if it does, my apologies, but you should see the mess I'm going to make of the kit!!

More work this morning then out to lunch. I will try to start today but more likely tomorrow.

• Like 11

11 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Transfers......that reminds me of those sets you could get when I was a kid, with a fold out background scene and a sheet of rub down transfers of cowboys and Indians or whatever the subject was, to be added where ever your imagination said they should be!

Ian

I do love the way that this site brings back long forgotten childhood memories, seemingly on a daily basis! I'd completely forgotten about those transfer sets Ian, one of my very favourite things (apart from Airfix kits of course!) when I was a kid - I now recall my all time fave being a fold out moon scape with about 100 astronauts milling about exploring the place!

Keith 

• Like 4

Apologies for the lack of progress chaps - work got in the way today and too tired tonight :( 

I did have a panic that I didn't have enough variety of figures for the crew so I poured some more resin in the moulds:

34176444854_2c2d21aa70_z.jpg

Untitled by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

Some good candidates to go with the rest of the stock. Most of them have feet and everything! Must be getting the hang of it...

• Like 13

On 29/05/2017 at 23:26, limeypilot said:

You could have got some very odd looks from any Yanks on here if you'd called them butties instead of sarnies! I'm assuming only proper bacon or chips will be allowed.......

Ian 

I think I'd have had very odd lookks from my Brummie contemporaries if I'd called them butties

I grew up in Brum in the fifties, a butty was one of those there barges that my mom pulled me away from when we walked the canal-side to get to school

Edited by perdu
  • Like 3

Late to the party again! Though this time no sign of any sprue cutting so I've not missed anything exciting. 

I'm getting slightly concerned that Ced is secretly planning to invade a small country with an army of 1/72 figures, he's always moulding more! As I live in the nearest 'small' country I'm going to guard the bridge with a large quantity of TET!

• Like 4

What's wrong with me? Several days late for this one as well. Still, it's a Ced build, there's got to be an exotic tool or two/showing up/at some stage.

giphy.gif

Good luck with this Hot Halifax Ced.

Tony

• Like 5

Now that's basically truly disrespectful Tony

Last time I walked the line at LIDL they'd sold out of Thorshammer tool kits

To see you can still get them over in the occident makes me wonder if it is worth a very quick ferry ride...

:)

Edited by perdu
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Leonl said:

Late to the party again! Though this time no sign of any sprue cutting so I've not missed anything exciting. 

I'm getting slightly concerned that Ced is secretly planning to invade a small country with an army of 1/72 figures, he's always moulding more! As I live in the nearest 'small' country I'm going to guard the bridge with a large quantity of TET!

That's what Offa's dyke was for, but it didn't work very well!

Ian

• Like 1

7 hours ago, perdu said:

Last time I walked the line at LIDL they'd sold out of Thorshammer tool kits

Gasp! You mean to say this is a real item? I just thought that was a cool gif. Now I feel bad not having one too...:rain:

• Like 2

More work today but hopefully I'll get something done in the morning, then it's the weekend (hooray!)

Welcome to all new watchers - please settle down and, hopefully, we'll cut some sprue before page 3...

Leon don't worry about invasion - can't afford the tolls :D 

9 hours ago, limeypilot said:

That's what Offa's dyke was for...

Hi Ian - the end of our garden is Wans Dyke, a linear ancient monument. Sounds grand but its just a 3' high bank with a 1950's stone wall on the top... I guess Wans' enemies were complete wusses.

Tony I Googled that hammer - cute design!

• Like 5

Um... er... i'm on my side, of course! I must take a trip to the impressive bit, thanks Chris :) 

Time to get to grips with this lot:

35047946485_e4f43a94c4_z.jpg

As per Darby's instructions I have removed all the items from the end-opening box, flattened it, stamped on it and set it alight. I think they're nasty too.

Gosh, what a lot of parts... time to organise, as usual. I'll label up the sprues with their letters on tape to make it easier to find them when I... just a minute, Revell refer to the parts by number, not sprue? Arggghhhh! OK, calm down, which bits do I need then for my chosen BII S1 Special? It'll have 'options' on the instructions won't it, like this:

34204665554_f437a79aaf_z.jpg

Um... what the... ?? At least I can make a start... let's look at the window I need to cut out:

35048564965_4320329ef8_z.jpg

Well, that was easy. I'm completely confused now... perhaps the kit allows more options than the schemes? 

Right, let's look for pictures of JB910, my chosen scheme from the Xtradecals @amblypygid very kindly sent me (thanks Chris!)

200+ images on IWM... crikey, they do vary don't they, a LOT. 

Google pointed me at this which shows JB910 with tiger Shark teeth and eyes! Don't panic, not a shark mouth, just teeth (and there are decals for it on the sheet). Phew. Wrong prop blades though eh? OOB, OOB, repeat after me...

Off out to lunch soon so I may have some more courage later.

• Like 15

6 minutes ago, CedB said:

Off out to lunch soon so I may have some more courage later.

Do they still brew that stuff....??!! :drink::D

K

PS, the destructions completely confuddled me too Ced, maybe why mine is still sat in it's nasty box, somewhere near the bottom of the  stash!!

• Like 2

Must be a common problem with Revell's instruction sheets: I have this Revell Eurofighter in my stash that keeps bouncing up, but when I start looking at the printed sheet, it immediately bounces back ... :banghead:

Ciao

• Like 3

OOTB? When there is so much fun AM-goodies that need's to be bought?

It looks like you need to study the sheets at the same time as your oogling the IWM pictures, crossing out whatever options are wrong before you commit knife to plastic?

Edited by Christer A
  • Like 1