Halifax B Mk. I/II/GRII - Revell 1/72

1 hour ago, perdu said:

400 bands?

Is that something I need to know about?

Might be Bill, but that's for me to know & you to find out...!! (actually it was just the first place selling the stuff that popped up on Google - good price though)

K

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Beard said:

I'll pop them in the post later this week.

Thanks Simon - much appreciated :) 

14 hours ago, AlexN said:

My thoughts on this, which I meant to put in the post above and forgot to, are that the mould gets worked and distended with all the squishing and squashing to remove air bubbles and squeeze the flash thin (in my case at least). Where gaming figures are concerned (per the 'blue stuff' video on Ewe-choob) it doesn't matter very much, but where (especially) 1/72nd model aircraft parts and figures are concerned, it does.

Cheers,

Alex.

Thanks Alex - I think you're right. Rats :) 

12 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

That's a good idea, heavy bombers for use on Photobucket.

Martian

A full Blitz required!

5 hours ago, Vicarage Vee said:

Go on, go the whole resin casting route it's fun...

https://www.dwrplastics.com/product-category/5375f3863711c/Low-Odour-Beige-Fast-Cast-Resin

https://www.dwrplastics.com/product-category/537334fad6355/General-Purpose

If not, I've got a couple of those Matchbox bomb aimers that you could have gratis.

Thanks VV - and Bill and Keith. I have some of that; Silicon and resin and the Silligum.

Bill and Keith will remember my attempts back in January (once I jog their memory). It was during the, er, I have it here somewhere... aha! The Spitfire F. XIV starting here

I've avoided the silicone on this one because it's long and skinny but the silicon stuff might be worth a try - I'll have a go soon.

In other news I've done some more on the internals, actually using some glue! (Page 10 and he's just started using glue? Pathetic!)

35519682102_808ef826b9_z.jpg

Untitled by Ced Bufton, on Flickr

I've just dry fitted the internals in the fuselage to make sure the bits are in the right position while it dries. Tight fit? I should say so. All the paint got scraped off the spars:

35688332645_fa11e7117b_z.jpg

and is now built up inside:

35649053036_b6644d2eb4_z.jpg

Nice effect, but I'd better pull it out and clean up or the fuselage might not join.

More tomorrow, hopefully.

• Like 11

1 minute ago, CedB said:

... I'd better pull it out and clean up...

Apologies - fnaar fnaar!

(Losing my touch! Snurf snurf!)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, CedB said:

I've avoided the silicone on this one because it's long and skinny

4 hours ago, CedB said:

Tight fit? I should say so.

:hmmm: 

• Like 2

Thanks Ian and TT - I'm obviously losing my touch... but in my new retired mode I do feel as though I should rein in my double entendres somewhat... I have to look after my health and I'd hate to strain something (titter titter) :D 

• Like 4

The extra (non-painted) crew have had their base coat of Ratskin Flesh:

34879206614_5e710916e2_z.jpg

and other bits of the cabin have been assembled:

35590043301_37127bc492_z.jpg

35590048261_bc344a8d48_z.jpg

What? The grey seat? That's the special Enigineer's seat fitted for... oh alright, I forgot it - there are two sprues with two seats on each and I only noticed when working through the glueing. Oops!

Note also the scraped spars. I've also scraped off all the joins to try to avoid later fit issues. Still not glued to the sides, I'll have access to the full internals for touch ups and weathering.

• Like 17

It's great catching up Ced. I'm desperate to build my own stuff alas birthdays (three in a row) :huh:vand Photo bottom nightmares have stalled me. I'm however loving what you have done over the past week or two. Very nice work on the pit, a great tip for mixing Milliput, crew ahoy and macbe....... well you know what too.B)

Thanks for a lovely relaxed catch up on my fave plasticy forum. :christmas:

Johnny boy 

• Like 2

Thanks Giorgio and Phil :) Mrs B's birthday today so after sorting out the transfer of my 'phone from the business to a personal account (EE were great!) not much time for modelling this morning :( 

Thanks Johnny - I'm not sure the Milliput 'Fine' is much good, but perhaps I didn't mix it enough. :) 

Thanks Simon - ah, velour, the ultimate luxury of the 70s... sadly missed (apart from the lines the ridged stuff left on the back of your legs) :) 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, CedB said:

ah, velour, the ultimate luxury of the 70s... sadly missed (apart from the lines the ridged stuff left on the back of your legs) :)

Better that than the third degree burns you got from the vinyl seats in a base-model Cortina in hot weather. 😁

• Like 7

1 hour ago, CedB said:

Thanks Simon - ah, velour, the ultimate luxury of the 70s... sadly missed (apart from the lines the ridged stuff left on the back of your legs) :) 

That's what you get for driving trouserless...:whistle: :P

And most remiss of me - Happy Birthday Mrs C, 21 again....!!

K

• Like 2

Just caught up on this after return from our cycle trip from London to Ypres for The Royal British Legion. Good result with the casting, I'd not thought of using milliput but that has come out quite well....

• Like 3

Regarding mxing Milliput, I make two small sausages or snakes of equal length, then twist them together. I repaeat this until I 'm reasonably certain that they are mixed. Depending on the size o' the sausage, fnaar fnaar, it takes less than five minutes (wibble blip snort).

Cheers,

Alex. :sheep: <-- not a sausage

• Like 5

8 hours ago, Beard said:

Better that than the third degree burns you got from the vinyl seats in a base-model Cortina in hot weather. 😁

7 hours ago, keefr22 said:

That's what you get for driving trouserless...:whistle: :P

And most remiss of me - Happy Birthday Mrs C, 21 again....!!

K

6 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

I thought that was Volvo drivers!!!!

Simon.

Thanks chaps - driving in shorts of course... and yes, vinyl seats are to be avoided! :) 

8 hours ago, Spookytooth said:

Happy birthday to Mrs B. We hope she has a lovely day, spoil her Ced.

You actually glued something Ced, and painted parts.

The way to go sir.

Simon.

Thanks Simon :) 

5 hours ago, Leonl said:

Just caught up on this after return from our cycle trip from London to Ypres for The Royal British Legion. Good result with the casting, I'd not thought of using milliput but that has come out quite well....

Wow, what a trip - well done that man :clap: 

5 hours ago, AlexN said:

Regarding mxing Milliput, I make two small sausages or snakes of equal length, then twist them together. I repaeat this until I 'm reasonably certain that they are mixed. Depending on the size o' the sausage, fnaar fnaar, it takes less than five minutes (wibble blip snort).

Cheers,

Alex. :sheep: <-- not a sausage

Thanks Alex - your method as advertised earlier on! Works really well but the 'fine' is white and white and does need more attention methinks :) 

2 hours ago, perdu said:

Milliput

Ah beggar Milliput, I hope Mrs B has a great birthday Ced

And indeed I hope you have great Mrs B's birthday

tell us tomorrow  :)

Thanks Bill. Tea in bed this morning and lunch at a local organic farm. She's now out with the WI on a walk around Bath.

Crew painting is stalling assembly but I have touched up the seat and other bits:

35572457672_2f670bbc66_z.jpg

Oooh look, fire extinguisher - nearly missed that!

34932163543_743d649570_z.jpg

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, CedB said:

Oooh look, fire extinguisher - nearly missed that!

Classy touch there! :clap: 

Belated Happy Birthday to Mrs. B. :thumbsup: 

Ciao

• Like 2

On 06/07/2017 at 5:04 AM, CedB said:

but I have touched up the seat and other bits:

:hmmm: 

A very :hbd: to Mrs. B Ced !

Hope you have a nice meal at the Organic Farm. I've heard that some have their own rather nice organic refreshments too :cheers: .

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 2