Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

7 hours ago, perdu said:

I religiously take a few pints of 1664 and  a steak meal every Tuesday

Not prepared to begin hacking stuff about on Tuesday

Its my religion

🤣

So in the same way some folk have fish on a Friday whether they like it or not? :fish:

4 hours ago, perdu said:

I'm right off resin at the moment, theirs, yours and mine!

(Not specifically yours James, just as a figure of speech)

Did you see I had stuck the new recce pack on last night after rescuing it from the latex...

...I need to decide now whether to hack the pack off the bottom of my Frogspawn or try to fettle repairs on one of the castings and then remould off that

Decisions decisions, everyday stuff to industrial typhoons no doubt

Not sure I'm up to it though...

Personally I'd say get working on one of the castings rather than go all medieval on the original now it's attached to your model. Just in case...

• Thanks 1

I had been planning to have a Palouste hanging off the COD Gannet but I have recently had a change of mind

I intend hanging one off the inboard port pylon on one of the Buccaneers, coin toss for that later

anyway

Today has been mostly prepping the Midget for her run out to Cosford on Sunday followed by a run down to Park Royal for the Ace Cafe April Classic cars night on Tuesday next

I havent been entirely happy with the way she runs lately and on investigation I found that a couple of the exhaust ports were blowing out of the manifold gasket and the very meagre joint from the manifold to the back pipe

A pleasantly mild afternoon in the sun soon got that sorted but left me with very little shown on any model

Tonight however I had another little fettle with the 'deck Palouste' I made a start on the opened undercart legs and searched the Reheat switch consoles panel for suitable brass

Found a little panel that will serve  nicely as the lower switch panel

Blackburn Palouste Air Starter Airborne Pod

And searched the dregs of the futilely purchased Airwaves etch for anything to cover the upper, gauges section

I found a small panel of holes that could use a trim

So I did

P1010239.jpg

On both sides of the nose are the intake ports, you can see the port port here just below the control panel

They have square mesh across them inside the hole, stop the Captain's titfer getting sucked through the jet maybe?

Anyway the Bucc S2 sheet just happens to have a pair of useful looking, in this context, mesh sheets on it for use on Spey engined Buccs

Not seen on any of my s1pictures, it's true but I have more than the inkling of a plan in mind for them

I have flat pieces of 5 thou polycard lined up for opened hatches and scribed lines for closed hatches

I might get some done tomorrow, cross 'em chapses

• Like 14

Nice progress on your resin parts!

The medicine is really looking like a Palouste, but still be careful and watch your back, the colour is exaxtly as it should be!!!

Looking at the previous pictures, I think both nose cones are spot on! I wanted to take a picture with mine in front of my laptop screen so she doesn't feel alone!!!

Anyway looking at yours, I've realized the nosecone on mine is still bent down a bit, I'll have to work a little more on it!.

1Lp1gXm.jpg

Here's a family picture of the three.

As she saw yours on your picture, mine started crying and wanted a picture with them!!!;)

That Palouste is taking shape and character !!!

Nice job with those PE!!!:yes:

• Like 6
  • Haha 6

Ah bless her

I see what you mean about the nose, maybe lift a little but this is one of the most difficult things about Buccaneers

Getting the nose profile right

I compared the CMR nose cone to mine whilst I had Gareth's kit in hand Matchbox really didnt get this right at all which was why the nose needed heavy filing on mine

• Like 1

9 hours ago, perdu said:

I see what you mean about the nose, maybe lift a little but this is one of the most difficult things about Buccaneers

Getting the nose profile right

I compared the CMR nose cone to mine whilst I had Gareth's kit in hand Matchbox really didnt get this right at all which was why the nose needed heavy filing on mine

And undoubtly you got it right! 

Unfortunately my Alley cat resin cone was badly mishaped (I haven't heard a Word from them even after two emails where I explained the problem!!!:swear:) and even thought I've already improved it , now that it's glued to the kit I can see its final shape I've realized it's a bit ...pointing down. Once I'm beck home I'll sort it out. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, massimo said:

Here's a family picture of the three.

As she saw yours on your picture, mine started crying and wanted a picture with them!!!;)

Rubbish! Your Buccaneer is crying because some plonker dragged her all the way across the pond to work on her only to find he had left the wherewithal to do so at home!

That Palouste looks good enough to market Bill, the recce pod too.

Martian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

On 04/04/2018 at 19:01, Col. said:

I'd say get working on one of the castings rather than go all medieval on the original

+1 for that! The castings are looking just a fettle away from perfection, super macro zoom 'n'all...

Regards,

Adrian

• Thanks 1

I'll do that Adrian ta, tonight is (yet) another pub and nosh night so doing a little supergoo/talc modification will probably see me nicely orf to beddy-byes

I'm glad you like the Palouste Martian but I have doubts it would be a best seller, maybe we'll look at it again when the builds are done with

• Like 1

1 hour ago, massimo said:

...the Pond....:rofl:

You know, the big blue wobbly thing between Britain and America. 

Martian

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

You know, the big blue wobbly thing between Britain and America. 

Martian

That’s no way to describe Ireland.  It’s a big GREEN wobbly thing

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

4 hours ago, perdu said:

I'm glad you like the Palouste Martian but I have doubts it would be a best seller, maybe we'll look at it again when the builds are done with

I echo Martian's thoughts. Maybe not on its own but how about as part of a duo with the recce pack or even throw in a decent Red Beard to make a neat threesome ............ actually throwing Red Beard's might not be smart given what I have read about stability issues :worry:

I think there is a thread somewhere here on Buccaneer aftermarket add ons, but cant find it at the moment.

Terry

1 minute ago, Terry1954 said:

I echo Martian's thoughts. Maybe not on its own but how about as part of a duo with the recce pack or even throw in a decent Red Beard to make a neat threesome ............ actually throwing Red Beard's might not be smart given what I have read about stability issues :worry:

I think there is a thread somewhere here on Buccaneer aftermarket add ons, but cant find it at the moment.

Terry

And a buddy fuelling pack

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

That’s no way to describe Ireland.  It’s a big GREEN wobbly thing

Oh actually that takes me aback

A friend of mine goes to Ireland, socially you might say on holiday

He tells me it hardly ever wobbles except at times near a place, Bushmills it might be called?

Anyway, one must believe one of the navigational persuasion so that's me sorted

;)

And now you want me to break SALT, with Putin in the mood he's in lately that might be a really worst idea ever

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

OK I will think about it, we'll have to see

Anyway, worked on the jet efflux this arvo and thinking of ways to replicate the odd little nose wheel leg on the Palouste pod

Jet pipe in the back of the pod

P1010240.jpg

Also visible the drawings in motion for the nose leg and the rear leg units prior to casting them

The wheel will be nearer the upper one than the lower one, dimensionally

P1010241.jpg

Front-yer view

P1010242.jpg

Back-yer view

:)

• Like 10

14 minutes ago, perdu said:

Anyway, worked on the jet efflux this arvo and thinking of ways to replicate the odd little nose wheel leg on the Palouste pod

Jet pipe in the back of the pod

Wonderful stuff Bill. You are having better modelling moments than me today.

Totally stuffed up positioning the landing lights under the nose of the Avon Sabre - no prob, a gentle repair job, mask off and respray, except masking has pulled off surrounding metallic. So now have some re-spray on that and landing light repairs. Will post in Avon Sabre WIP, which is rapidly heading for Avon Sabre RIP!

Frustrated of Dorset.

• Sad 1