Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

Brilliant shots of 100 and 103 showing the screen in place there James thanks

Looks as if 106's screen got moved forward and up during the belly landing or its subsequent crew recovery

I see  there is a picture of 'mine - 109' in there too but not from an angle to help especially

Landing on, from the deck, there wouldn't be would there ;)

Very sobering as you say that ejection series, presumably that shredded lump of metalwork is part of the recovered aircraft

Again thanks for your help

Edited by perdu
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, perdu said:

Very sobering as you say that ejection series, presumably that shredded lump of metalwork is part of the recovered aircraft

It is indeed, the other '106' to the one that belly landed.  Amazing that shot of it flying above Eagle without its crew!

https://get.google.com/albumarchive/105650755591531455869/album/AF1QipOIEJYXNSbII72CwjQdHkf27MBGjmEyfOK8q9SA/AF1QipPB83tIlFXKjCRH9Oe-bxyNRd0_epVhNtI_95Eq

Edited by 71chally

I need a tin of dark earth (for a different airyplane of course) enamel

Would one of you remind me later to hunt the stalls at Huddy to see if a tin can be discovered in a place that wants to  sell it *

Sadly James will not be able to be there with his Sovereign models outfit, but there is no way on this planet I shall be buying any Humbrol enamels until they exhume their old school paint mixing guy and get him back on the job

Which good news means that James will have a guaranteed sales base for the 'foreseeable' future

I do not need a shipping order or Sovereign would have the order already

Aha * 3mm chisel too, it appears mine are 1 and 2 mm wide and I can use a decent wider one

;)

• Like 2

No problem Tom, you know me

If its not dangerous I wont try it  :)

I do still have a tin of Authentics but I want a proper fresh tin  in case the contents have jellied, as occasionally happens and I cant get it in the airbrush

oh arr, reminds me, your jacket is still in the Midget so remind me to bring it along next week

44 minutes ago, perdu said:

Sadly James will not be able to be there with his Sovereign models outfit, but there is no way on this planet I shall be buying any Humbrol enamels until they exhume their old school paint mixing guy and get him back on the job

That's a pity as you could have picked up some roundel blue for me. Is Humbrol 104 (Oxford blue) the equivalent?

I don't think it is, I think Oxford Blue is a bit bright even for 'tween wars markings

Maybe we should see if Gareth, Steve and Dave need any enamels and get together an order

Mimimum six in an order I think

Re: the Oxford Blue maybe someone in the discussion on eras could help...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Aha * 3mm chisel too, it appears mine are 1 and 2 mm wide and I can use a decent wider one

Couldn't help but notice these small chisels. I've been looking for micro chisels but don't seem to find any that fit the bill. Where did you get them from Mr P?

Stuart

Tomo and I got our last lot from Mr Tools or Little Cars, I cant remember which just now

Looking at  the floor plan from Telford it seems it was Little Cars

Edited by perdu
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, perdu said:

bright or dull WW2 style?

Strewth why does this hobby require so much thinking .... They appear to be he dark WWII shade :unsure: I've checked the intewar forum but nothing conclusive. I'll pose the question on my Fury thread.

• Haha 1

Well that's it

No enamels but a ship load of watery, spirittery paints which were not what I wanted

So I didn't get them

I did get A Win in class3 with the Wasp

Nice so thanks to all at Huddersfield

But sadly Tomo, no paints 

None that I saw had RAF type  paint colours. :(

• Like 8

Thank you guys, I am very happy with how the Wasp turned  out

She won me the 4+ Trophy at SMW, then the beermat challenge of which more anon

Then she won me the Hudson Trophy at 'club', then the Branch Championship too and now she has won the Class 3 competition at Huddersfield

I built it because it seemed Colin was not going to get the Freightdog Wasp on line soon and I had that 'itch' to scratch, ironically I owe it to Freightdog

And ironically heard from the man that the SM models one should be on the go come the Cosford show

Oh yes, the Beermat Challenge.It came with a voucher to claim some goods from Parabellum and as Nigel has the new Airfix Phantom in stock

I am redeeming some of the voucher

Into my hands Sunday next

And edit to mention

Got the 3mm chisel, lovely jubbly

Edited by perdu
  • Like 5

That landing on photo, just had to have that with all that visible detailing

ff126cad-d856-4530-88c9-1941e35e66bf.png

Searching now, not for Spock this time but the wing mounted receivers as they have a slightly odd upper cone shape if my memory still serves me

Not apparently in any set that Big H stocks or I would have ordered them this evening to travel with the master pitot and fuelling probe front which should be here by the weekend

Ah yes, need to make four weapons pylons too

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, perdu said:

fuelling probe front

You'll need your best specs to see that Bill...I bought a 1/72 Master 'NATO standard' one and thought Big H had sent me an empty placcy bag....!! :nerd: :lol:

Lovely, lovely photo that!

And congrats on more success with Waspy!!

Keith

• Thanks 1

Belated congrats on the Wasp win Bill. 

Richly earned.

Have been stalking Airfix Scouts of late on Geltbay: all starting reasonably at £5 then rocketing to £20 or so in a handful of bids.

How hard could it be to vacform a...

:chair:No. 

The descent into madness has been occasioned by lesser undertakings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Did you ever see the angle of attack probes in the Jaguar set?

Or the pitot for the Hawk?

Immen no, miniscule things and must be fabulous machinery producing them

Oh Tony

It is possible that fairly close to where my Midget is parked is a full body mould for an Airfix Scout fuselage available to one who wants to play...

And I have it on good authority from Mel at S&M that the Wasp and Scout models will be ready for the Cosford shows

just saying...

• Like 1