Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

8 hours ago, perdu said:

Nearly ready for pitots and primer coats now I think

Very much looking forward to that :Tasty:  🍿  :beer:

Ciao

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The painting has been a nightmare so I have stopped and walked away for a while :(

I mentioned in the Gannet thread that my wife drove me to the club yesterday so I didnt feel left out didnt I?

When I arrived my mate Gareth handed me a pack of Bare Metal Foil that Tomo had entrusted him with during the Duxford trip I missed

This was primarily so I could test it out on the double curvatures on the Palouste in flight mode I had used Solartrim on

Solartrim doesnt like double curves much and gets creases where there is too much bend to cope with so Tom suggested BMF might do it better

It does

P1010305.jpg

This is what was in the packet, dammit Tom that is proper generous mate

:)

I decided that I wouldnt take the Mickey so I have just cut orf the right hand wedge looking piece, Tom gets the rest back (In July unless he sends me a postal address, sorry mate. I'm off to Le Mans during next month's meet)

Here is a second casting with the new BMF panels in place

P1010306.jpg

Some resizing to do and a little bitty 'adding some more' but that is the deal for me

I'm still not sure whether to bother remoulding this with the skinny panels on, but frankly I don't think so

adios amigos

• Like 13

OK as I said painting has been...

Interesting to say the least, which is the least I'll say bout it but anyway having found some blemishes I am going to try to lose some of em

Humbrol Putty in action, I'll rub that nicely later

IMG_20180525_130341.jpg

Those are the folding wings for this as you'll remember

IMG_20180525_130456.jpg

Actually fewer bad bits to fix than I expected

This too of course has bits to fix but mostly paint runs to slow down and area ripples and unflattened holes to stop up

IMG_20180525_130510.jpg

I'd say were getting somewhere at last

😕

• Like 13

Nice to see some progress Bill!!!

Both frames look great an the recce pod reallylooks the real thing in terms of shape and size!!!

they just look a bit...upside down, but if you want to see them from the top , it might be enough to turn them!!!:rofl:

I see Palouste everywhere in your threads... That's ok unless you start seeing them in your dreamss...that'll mean you need to concentrate on something else!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Those S1 intakes have blended in extremely well.

Martian 👽

I am sure  there were times when both you and I thought that was an unlikely result Martian

Somebody really should make a decent proper job of this conversion kit, mini intakes alongside the fuselage and decent pen nib fairings for a start

I think I would start with a centre fuselage panel instead of only intakes, joining part-way along the fuselage sides and covering the cockpit side panels for the intake zones

If it happens it will NOT be because I decided to make it happen

Maybe folks should just buy CMR...

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Glad to see progress on the 'brick', looking every inch a Buccaneer...even with all the filler. Just be careful with pitot during sanding, forgotten how many times I broke mine.

Nice to see @massimo back, his Bucc sits in a hanger somewhere, as does mine but I've just to clear one build subject and I'm back in the seat.

Carry on Mr Perdu.

Stuart

Funny how odd things happen whilst waiting hold ups and bottlenecks to clear

Can you see what happened here?

P1010363.jpg

P1010365.jpg

I believe we should keep promises

And I really do want to get off Naval Affaires soon so I began

Buccs and Gannet are awaiting time and permission to get more paint down so

Cue

"What's that evil smell?" as I mistakenly thought the Tamiya Extra Thin would vaporise quickly enough to remain undetectable

Oh well, back in the cellar for me  :(

wings will be folded

EVERYTHING else O O B

• Like 5
  • Haha 3

Yes of course, Im not even going to evacuate the shallow wheel wells

I looked at Andrew's Airwaves etch wingfold stuff, didnt like it and resolved to open the recesses inside the wings to enable something like this, to happen

P1130058.jpg

Fear not, this is not to be like the Palouste build

I will make a thread for my little Foxy babe

• Like 7

7 hours ago, perdu said:

"What's that evil smell?"

I opened the packaging to a tube of Holts Knifing stopper putty in the muddle room today & got a very similar question! I didn't even open the flippin tube! My suggestion she gets a part time job as a sniffer dog didn't go down that well....!!

They must have better snozzes than us Bill!

Keith

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

A message from the GANNET THREAD

"Oh Kay

Just a word to y'all not to expect updates here or elsewhere for over a week

I shall be in France taking in for most of the week a race that takes twenty four hours

Other stuff is in prospect too

Eats will be eaten

Drinks will be drunken

Cars will be driven

And Ferry Boats will be caught

Tuesday next back home to home

Later dates than that before updatery, ciao guys have a good week

(Might as well do some modelling whilst I'm away, I'll want to see it you know)"

LATERS GUYS...

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎09‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 14:18, perdu said:

EVERYTHING else O O B

What, as in the Martian definition of OOB?

Martian (building kits OOB since stardate never) 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

• 1 month later...

Hi, just a word

These are back in mainstream

I'm frantically removing bad paint at present and getting ready for another go, paintwise

I've added some minor detail into the folded wing, pipes and control rods and given the operating bits a drop of paint but for now, sadly no pictures

I hope to get on that mistake this afternoon but we have an appointment in the Capital of Mercia this morning, I might stretch that visit to cover a rare foray into Hobbycraft for paints...

Laters chaps and chapesses

Coffee first

• Like 5