Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

Having watched a fair few hours of Le Mans (far too many according to Mrs R) this last couple of days, & seeing the temperaures at La Sarthe, I think all that Bill will want when he gets back is a darkened room & a couple of big fans (& a few or more ice cold cans I should think!)

Keith

• Like 1

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

I think all that Bill will want when he gets back

Oo-err. When's he back?

:waiting:

We've gotten the place in a bit of a state...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, keefr22 said:

Couple of days I'd imagine - best start tidying up!

...and get those cans in the fridge!

We're just going to have to be honest and say that there was a break-in while Bill was away, and that we found the place like this Keith.:whistle:

• Like 2

No I'm not back

I'm about to descend on a small but beautiful Normandy town for dinner

And mayhap a few tadlets of incahol

I see Joyce the char thought she could slope off for a day or so with me being over here. Tsssk

Anyway no worries, she knows I'll be back on Toosday, she'll prolly get her mate Gert in to give her a hand

Don't bother tidying up

See y'all then.

Edited by perdu
  • Like 7

51 minutes ago, perdu said:

I don't think they were, were they?

😇

I'm sure that's what you said... in fact you were quite firm about it - you said the wings would definitely be folded. 

Must be a combination of exhaust fumes and incahol that has affected your memory.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Oo-err. When's he back?

:waiting:

We've gotten the place in a bit of a state...

No we haven't, he asked us to look after it, all we did was give it a tiny bit of a makeover.

7 hours ago, limeypilot said:

With fish in the toilet, and a kid nailed to the ceiling! He WILL have fun!

Ian

As indeed he should! We had better get the Baroness off it first though!

7 hours ago, Scimitar said:

£30,000 and we can get him this.....

shed_469x327.jpg

If we paint it silver it will look like his very own Sontaran Spaceship.

The%20Sontaran%20Experiment%201.jpg

2 hours ago, brianthemodeller said:

I'm sure that's what you said... in fact you were quite firm about it - you said the wings would definitely be folded. 

Must be a combination of exhaust fumes and incahol that has affected your memory.

There is absolutely no truth in the scurrilous rumour that I put Brian up to that remark even though I resemble it!

The "I didn't do it" Martian

• Like 8

Poor Bill.  Off he goes for a few days to refresh his batteries.... squatters move in and desecrate his thread from a thing of beauty into kitsch nirvana .

the poor guy will be having kittens when he realizes what havoc the colonists have wreaked

• Like 6

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

Sontaran spaceship me arts.

It's a Garden Gonad.

That's where it went! I thought I was a bit short in the trouser department!

Martian (The alien with the unfeasibly large gonad)

PS: I shall be using the smaller of my two wheelbarrows from now on. :(

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, hendie said:

Poor Bill.  Off he goes for a few days to refresh his batteries.... squatters move in and desecrate his thread from a thing of beauty into kitsch nirvana .

the poor guy will be having kittens when he realizes what havoc the colonists have wreaked

I don't know about you Earthlings but on Mars we have a saying about being careful about what you wish for. Bill is just getting what he wished for. Anyway, methinks he will be proud of what we have achieved in his absence and on a shoestring budget too I would add.

Martian von Ryder-Richardson (The official producer of the new series of Changing Threads)

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, hendie said:

At least they'll be useful for catching the toilet fish. Although after the Baroness has spent the afternoon there I doubt they'll want to go too close!

Ian

15 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

At least they'll be useful for catching the toilet fish. Although after the Baroness has spent the afternoon there I doubt they'll want to go too close!

Ian

Another of the rare posts that I have had to like in order to unlike. The picture you have painted is guaranteed to give not only my delicate self but also my cat, who has read this as well, nightmares for weeks to come.

Martian

PS: Vet's bill to follow.

• Like 3

On 18/06/2017 at 21:33, TheBaron said:

It's a Garden Gonad.

Er, um, if that's what yours look like Tony I would suggest a visit to the Doctor might be in order... they're not supposed to actually look like nuts... :wicked: 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, CedB said:

Er, um, if that's what yours look like Tony I would suggest a visit to the Doctor might be in order... they're not supposed to actually look like nuts... :wicked: 

Well, that might explain the recent chafing....

59 minutes ago, perdu said:

I hope you lot have been attending to your own plots as well as gracing mine with skills aplenty and wit

Oh

Wit???

Hmm, maybe half...   😁

Considering my actual witless passage through life up to this point I am flattered by the promotion to full halfwit!

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, perdu said:

I hope you lot have been attending to your own plots as well as gracing mine with skills aplenty and wit

Oh

Wit???

Hmm, maybe half...   😁

We have only been carrying out orders; your orders to be precise!

Martian the Obedient

• Like 2

I didnt really mind what you did in here, but I just had to delve back to page 5 to find it

D'you call that playing the game huh?

he he

:)

Well its been quite hard to overcome the travel and sun lethargy but I have had a go

making the Gyron Juniors has been a simple easing-in to modelling again

Started with the Staedtler pen tube

P1120930.jpg

With fuse wire ridges added and slid into a convenient mould box with a plasticene header

P1120929.jpg

Oops looks like the ridges have 'sprung'...  Oh well....:(

Latex poured and resin-added-value

P1120923.jpg

Emptied from the latex

P1120925.jpg

With a tad of work that will do

It has to, I'm out of fuse-wire

So cast another

P1120933.jpg

A fair old bit of trimming to do but no worries here

P1120935.jpg

Mix up a few Vallejo metallics with a smidgeon of colour too, for sombrenessnesssness

And prepare to get the inner bays a nice white colour

P1120936.jpg

Still making progress slowly with the airbrake construction and nose wheel bay

Oh yes the ejector seat blank is coming along nicely too

Just had a thought, got to pick a few for the Coventry show on Sunday, must awa' for a wee lookin'

Nightol

• Like 9

Nice work! Now you are back, does that mean we all have to behave again? Not to worry if we do as some of us have the Baron's thread to look after.

Overworked of Mars

• Like 2