Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

Great to see them in the flesh Bill, (and yerself.....er, skip the flesh bit, naturally)...getting pinned down at SMW is something I seem to have skillfully avoided at the show for many moons, but I managed to bump into a lot of BM folks at some point in the proceedings....(even Keef, who I've managed to miss for a few years!) It's the same with the other forums I frequent, all a bit hit and miss, but dogged percy veerance bravely sees us through.

• Haha 1

You're welcome Keith! :) 

I should also say that I've followed my favourite members too and, to make sure I don't miss their new stuff, I click 'Notifications', choose 'View all notifications' and scroll through to see if I've missed anything. THAT's where the time goes!

HTH

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Idly perusing the December issue of Scale Aircraft Modelling, I find an illustration of the immutable law that when someone works really hard to scratch build something, immediately a kit will appear.  CMK 1/72 Palouste, inbound!  [Betya it's not as nice as Bill's - but I'd snap their hand off if it were in 1/48!]

resized_e195ba06-baf7-4089-9835-a0c66aa3

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 11/13/2018 at 3:45 PM, perdu said:

A legacy build that has been in my cupboard for far too long

P1010802.jpg

Guy walks up to me in a boozer, "nudge nudge fancy taking this on for me, mo has taken jo on their jollydays and I don't think they will be back for this one and so much of it has been done already, it'd be a shame..."

Or BMer messages me with a similar message, gets the 'come on' and despatches it via sismail from Darkest Afrika

I looked it over to see how he tackled what I planned tackling myself anyway, approved and promptly 'queued' it in the cupboard of 'Will Be'

As you see he sent me the centre page pulled out of the Airfix magazine that referred to the build, as he can see I already had it in order to proceed on the same build anyway

P1010804.jpg

Much lovely work has already been begun, many extra bits came in the bag and I feel up for it

So

Let's rock

I will start up a newby soon, out shopping and Steak Club-ing next this

Let me know how you get on with this, 'cause 47 years on, I can't remember!  Would you like me to sign the magazine for you? Sure to double it value to at least 30p. 😎

• Haha 2

As great as that would be it would heap even more coals of fire upon my head Alan, I was lent the mag by my old mate Terry Marriott and although I have lost touch with him I live in hope of giving it back undamaged

Well you never know...

I did actually start the conversion years ago using the (I think) Revell Jolly Green front end but it all got passed over in time

Using the HH3 gave me a better shaped floor level window set, I recall

Happy days but now its on again

You made a lovely model, hope mine gets somewhere near it

• Like 2

It was a model I was very pleased with......at the time, but not by the standards of today. I'm sure you'll make a better job of it.

However tedious, cut individual windows rather than cutting out a long glazed strip as I did - I was in a hurry!

Of course, Whirlykits do a (quite expensive) conversion kit these days, but think of the satisfaction of using up some old bits you've got just lying about.

Happy modelling.

I was of course kidding about the autograph😂

• Sad 1