Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

Ah that means you missed the Novo ones at Collectakit for four quid, ne' mind eh!

It was great seeing you all, we really do hope there's been a precedent set since we've been one o'clock Saturdaying for a couple of SMWs

Glad you enjoyed the Buccs enough to come and play

Will there be a WIP?

• Like 2

If I hadn't had to schelp the dog all the way there and leave him in the Cherry Pink I would have pulled teeth to stay and set a-while longer. The old english white S1 was my fave and the tale of the last minute plugs entertaining.

Next year PC- and someone pin down Fritag for the Saturday 13 hundred.

Oh ...and who was the wheeled blue martian?

A Thwocka next, luverly jubbly, they pass over mine quite regular

Box on 

Strickers

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, perdu said:

20181111-083451.jpg

Oooh. For a minute there when I saw our Military in Dorset map and our stand in the background, I though I might be behind that Buccaneer, and thence become quite famous .......... but I must have gone for a pee.......... 😁

Terry

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Well I should wind these up, but not literally we do not need them blasting off without the cat attached do we?

So here we have a view of the port end of our display table at Telford

20181111-083606.jpg

For fun I posed the Palouste alongside the 800NAS Buccaneer, as they may have sat in service on HMS Eagle in '64

Seen a little closer when I posed the models for their RFI sets

P1010801.jpg

Travelling to shows has its drawbacks, included in last weekend's problem is this

P1140318.jpg

The axle pin came out fortunately not before we reached home so I parked it up for repairs

An easy fix, phew

I am not certain that I like the pylon but putting 'em on is another easy job, the decision whether to is the hard bit

P1010773.jpg

And here is the white one for your consideration, before her wheel fell orf  :(

P1010784.jpg

XN965 of 809 NAS sometime in 1963 to 64

Sadly the tip of the pitot got caught on a fingertip and bent

it's OK, it's straight now

Thanks for coming along for the ride, just a little 'how to' info to come

The undertail di-electric panel was made from a piece of white 'decal' sheet that I printed a pale fibreglass  piece from and cut out a pair of shapes to suit the airframe

I think I already described making the intake blanks, take a small bore tube of the required diameter and cut thin slices off it

Lay the slices on a piece of Tamiya tape, sticky side up and when it has been stuck down so you can handle it place the little tube slivers on the sticky surface

When you have them settled take a thin drop of cyanoacetate glue and drop it into the circle and spread it round

When it has gone 'off'? ('ON'?) take a very very sharp knife and cut out the little intake blanks from the tape, turn them over and paint them red

Weathering is to taste OK?

Pop 'em into each intake hole settling them into a smear of PVA glue, I used Gator's Grip

Job done

• Like 12

Finally I can see them properly!!!

Hope you had a good time in Telford!

For sure those Buccaneers are eye catching!!!

Just ...move that lovely Palouste onto a bigger stand with one of the buccs and nice red and white strips on the flying deck!!!They deserve it!

They look great!!!

Thank you guys

Alan I wish you could have, we had a fantastic 'club meeting' there in the aisle between Terry's band and mine

It is possible that we may just have repaired to the bar to regain our composure after the 'one o'clock jump'

You would have been more than welcome

RFI posted now over there

thanks for looking in guys

• Like 5

Just a thought, did whoever made the 1/48 scale S1 conversions offer a build guide?

I saw a Bigger Buccer on a table at the weekend, beautifully finished whose intakes seemed to curve down rather than up like the real things so I wondered if the instructions mention that they should be 'handed'?

I'm going to take a week off

Then I may play with a legacy build that has been in my cupboard for ages before I bash into my stash again

BEA flying flash or Red Squares? Huh?

That is the question...

• Like 4

A legacy build that has been in my cupboard for far too long

P1010802.jpg

Guy walks up to me in a boozer, "nudge nudge fancy taking this on for me, mo has taken jo on their jollydays and I don't think they will be back for this one and so much of it has been done already, it'd be a shame..."

Or BMer messages me with a similar message, gets the 'come on' and despatches it via sismail from Darkest Afrika

I looked it over to see how he tackled what I planned tackling myself anyway, approved and promptly 'queued' it in the cupboard of 'Will Be'

As you see he sent me the centre page pulled out of the Airfix magazine that referred to the build, as he can see I already had it in order to proceed on the same build anyway

P1010804.jpg

Much lovely work has already been begun, many extra bits came in the bag and I feel up for it

So

Let's rock

I will start up a newby soon, out shopping and Steak Club-ing next this

• Like 9

Here Ced?

This tale of recalcitrant plastic is like to have receded into the recesses of time before we really get going

Tell you what, I'll tell you when I do

Or you could look out for a WIP labelled "The African Queen" perhaps...

😱.   😂

• Thanks 1

Yes please - I'm 'following' this one… ta matey :) 

I've stopped (regularly) looking at notifications as there seem to be at least 70 for me every time I login! I'm regularly reviewing 'Content I Follow' though…

Not to worry, I'll find it I expect by following the sounds of applause :) 

• Haha 1

I don't do follow at all, but mostly acos I'm not really sure what goes on when you do

Any road up "The African Queen" is live and running

Very slowly, to give me a chance to get my breath back

😀

• Like 2

For me, I set an interesting thread to 'Follow' with no notifications.

I've set up a 'Content I follow' button to filter 'All Content', 'Unread' and then when I login I just click the button at the top, then click the star for each item to take me to the first unread post.

Simples, I think?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, CedB said:

For me, I set an interesting thread to 'Follow' with no notifications.

I've set up a 'Content I follow' button to filter 'All Content', 'Unread' and then when I login I just click the button at the top, then click the star for each item to take me to the first unread post.

Simples, I think?

Ooh, I like that! I follow with immediate e-mail notifications, and after a weekend away such as telford usually come back to 300 or more BM e-mails in my inbox! 

Thanks Ced!

K

• Like 1