Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

Well amongst a lot of admin stuff I managed to get my models packed ready for the stand building session tomorrow

I do need to make 4 intake blanks but that apart this will do for now

P1140313.jpg

And

P1140314.jpg

If you need to see any more we're in Hall 3, see you there

This isn't a Buccaneer honest

P1140315.jpg

Obviously it's a palouste diorama...

Phew time for a rest

• Like 14

We'll try but it'll be hard to enjoy when you're not there buddy

Oh yes, intake blanks on now

That was not an easy job, there ain't no room inside those piddling little holes

Pics in a bit

Every thing packed including Tomo's gorgeous little Fury, that really needs to be seen on the table so don't miss it

Tom, sorry mate I proved to be the worst host in Christendom

My wife came in and asked me where our cups were

Dammit I forgot to offer you the hospitality of legend we Celts are famous for, I just got damned forgetful

Buy you a pint tomorrow, OK?

• Like 3

No worries Bill.  More bothered about not having a private viewing of the Bucc, but I will be seeing plenty of it on Sat & Sun. Beer and a Bucc, sounds nice. Of course I have everything I need so will not be buying any tools or models at Telford...😉

See you all tomorrow.

• Like 2

'Twasnt quite finished yesterday Tom, hence no audience

I got that usual "Ah yes that will be worth trying!" moment when I woke up this morning

Question: how do you cut thin circular plates which will fit snugly into a 5/16 hole?

Simples, in the morning wake up moment

Find a plastic tube (I gleaned an assortment before the conservationists took over) which is a comfortable fit in the intakes, mine seems to be a Slush straw, and cut thin rings out of it

Take a sheet of Tamiya tape and turn it upside down and stick the little rings on it

Then the cunning bit, run a film of Superglue over the tape inside the rings and let them dry

I made four, two Buccs see

When dry cut carefully round each ring to give four thin intake blanks awaiting paint

Paint red, let dry

Pop one in each intake nestled against a bed of Gator's Grip

Sorted

I know it sounds daft telling you what I did but this last final bit has been exercising/worrying me for blooming months

"How can I?...."

• Like 8

We'll having so far met a lot of you guys, I can say this is a great weekend so far. Those Buccaneers are magnificent Bill, the Gannet looks pretty neat and the little guy with the Palouste looks so right! Oh and that Fury of @Tomoshenko is superb! See you all tomorrow. 

Terry

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hello Bill,

I'm here on the roadside in my yellow service car...

I would have been at SMW to enjoy your navy birds and offer you a bit of rocket fuel !

Have a great sunday, I hope that I can see you next year !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1

I do not envy you on this fine morning

I just arrived at the TIC aftrr a drive on the motorway in mad lashing rain

Some days i miss the job

Not today, oh no

Stay safe and we will see you next year

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys, Tony no excuses please

It was a great show, so many friends

Oh yes that blooming alien's trying to get me Sciminterested ...

Wokkas next after a rest when the Sea Vixen's done

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Those Buccs looked marvellous Bill, I like them both but especially so the white one! And that is a brilliant method for making the intake blanks! Sorry I didn't catch up with you again today, but the time just disappeared somewhere....

I now realise that I completely missed seeing your Jags and Tomo's lovely Fury - I must get some better glasses! I also forgot to come back down your aisle to see Terry's gliders - I spotted the General on the Bomber Command stand, had a natter with him (& Kev of the marvellous vacform Vanguard build) & then took a wrong turn when heading back to our stand for Remembrance....must get a better memory!

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Great to see you and the Buccs on Saturday Bill - they (and the little diorama) looked perfect to me, as usual!

Thanks again for the Nimrod - WiP posted ready for some progress once the Wellesley is out of the way.

Hopefully we'll meet up before SMW next year! :) 

• Like 3

Already a nice WIP progressing there Ced, Massimo some finishing

photos coming along but here's one from the show to whet your whistle

20181111-083451.jpg

Better ones to follow

Keith I was the same all weekend, I only found Harriet's Army Aviation stand once, then lost it again and I had given them the Auster and the Scout as permanent display tools

Getting old, I calls it

😠. 😱

• Like 7

Blimey I hadn't noticed that the operator's cables were falling off the front, must have been high sea state that afternoon

I do wish you'd come and found us instead of nattering with the Crab-bird on Saturday Crisp

Although I favour inter service cooperation you can go too far, I was disappointed when she said you'd been nattering but mixed our chumming up in the aisles with the blue Martian chappie and the others

It was nice to met so many of us there, must, I repeats must do it again guys

Its a kind of magic, bringing us all together

PC's here next year you know, too

Mustn't miss it

• Like 4

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Blimey I hadn't noticed that the operator's cables were falling off the front, must have been high sea state that afternoon

Shows how much I know, I thought they were meant to be like that! :)

Keith

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Courageous said:

The Buccs looked great in the flesh Bill, nice to see you albeit briefly.

Stuart

Yes ditto Stuart, though it looks as if you found plenty about our stand to enjoy

😉

• Like 1