Navy-ating Bucc's fizz - On the deck at last

See Bill, if you'd make 'proper' moulds of the finished pack, you could make a small fortune few quid from all those following the thread who now realise they really need  a 72nd Buccaneer recce pack - & maybe never did before! What, am I one of them? Me? No sir, not me, not at all.....:whistle:

Keith

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Conversely

Start with nowt, don't be shocked if that is what you have afterwards

;)

Anyway, taking half an hour in the casting facility I mixed 10ml of resin and poured gently into my little plastiblob mould

as there was a tad left I popped some into the 1/72 scale MB mk4 seat mould

And as there was still a tad left I gave thought to the mould for the camera pack I plopped a bit in the bottom of  that too

I didnt want to have a gurt thick chunk of waste so this was just what I hoped for

P1010093.jpg

The camera pod was popped off the little piece of over-run, ready for tidying up

P1010094.jpg

Popped onto the base to look-see, should work out fine

P1010095.jpg

The Frog nose cone is a better shape than the Matchbox one so I have had it away into the garage to make a mould from it

It sits in isolated and very noisy splendour as I type, the battery shaver is vibrating the bubbles out of the latex in its lego-alike box which I sealed with a coat of Klear floor sealant to curtail 'The Great Escape' from leaky lego-alike which has happened to me before

:(

Edited by perdu
  • Like 11

:)

Some of the support bracketry and frameworks for the camera pack being popped on along with the foundations for the two oblique mounted F95 cameras along the side faces

There will be further fairings to place in and then a flange for fitment added to the bomb bay

P1010097.jpg

You might accurately guess I am trying to put off the mathematical bit, but its about time I got on with it  :( 

As me dad used to say

"Into every life a bit of arithmetic has to fall..."

:)

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Reading the article about the camera packs Mick Gladwin says the flare units were rarely used so I will only mark the flash unit locations out lightly, I don't expect there was much to see there anyway

I hope...

Still have to work out  the locations though but it makes modelling the thing easier  :)

OK a little bit more done this evening

But in best Larry Grayson style, "Not a lot"

The cutaway sections were given replacement plastic for that which we had to sacrifice, ready for filing to a triangular section as on the real deals

P1010098.jpg

This view isn't bad  and shows the re-engineered oblique ports for the F-95 cameras nicely as well as some of the flanges that need to be in the finished thing

I let it set for most of the night before gently sihrscing the flanges at an angle

I have filed off lots of the unnecessary blocks to give the triangular facets seen in pictures of the real-deal

P1010099.jpg

Yuk that is a bit horrid so I will try again to get a tidy shot, see me tomorrow or Wednesday

I have a funeral to attend tomorrow so it might take a day or so before Normal Service is Resumed

:(

• Like 3
  • Sad 4

I will be honest Hendie, until 'a benefactor' popped the original reconnaissance pack into the post I had no intention of travelling that path

I was about to 'plain belly' both of them  :)

Then when I tried a copy  because I wanted him to have it back it became obvious it was not the knees of some bees

This is when I decided to look into the way of the sihrsc ninja

It was expedient to modify my cast buck of the forward facing F95 casing because it had the seeds within it of 'rightness' but the rest just isn't it for me

After I get back in the swing I can finish this according to the photographs and maybe get a cast or two

But tomorrow I will not be capable of spending time at this, my Brother-in-law was a friend when I could use one

I'm going to miss him as much as Mrs P will I think

night all

• Sad 8

Sorry to hear of your family's loss Bill. I hope tomorrow goes as well as can be expected and we'll see you back here in due course.

Bestest,

Ian

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Yes thanks Keith, we sent my brother in law off nicely and then assimilated several bottle of tributal merlot in recognition of his long time affinity to the red wine he loved making

Then I necked a drop or two of Amstel, as you do

Only a drop or two for me as I was designated husband who needed to bring the gaffer home later

Tonight I will salute my friend more professionally

But I'm also finishing the surface detailing of the flat areas of the recce pack too

That gets first go with my easily addled brain

Best get on wi' it now then

• Like 9

On 12/03/2018 at 4:21 PM, perdu said:

Reading the article about the camera packs Mick Gladwin says the flare units were rarely used so I will only mark the flash unit locations out lightly, I don't expect there was much to see there anyway

I could be wrong, but I think that there may have actually been two different aft section parts to the recce pack, one with the ability to drop photoflashes, the other not.  Requires further reading.

Your work sir, is a triumph!

• Thanks 1