ADP MASTER modell 1/72 Iljuschin IL-4

ADP MASTER modell 1/72 Iljuschin IL-4 W.I.P. by Andrii Dzhuran.

Dedicate to Benedikt (thank you for an interesting idea and good recommendation):yes:

Hi folks!

The display stand for the RA-5C VIGGI is dries after painting now and I have a bit spare time for the start of new one "work in progress".

So.

Ilyushin IL-4 Bomber

As early as beginning of the thirties, a group of desiners of the Central Desigh Office, headed by S.W. Ilyushin, started developing a twin - engine long - range bomber. Finally, the prototype of ZKB-26 was built as a mixes construction and equipped with the M-85 engines.

This bomber started on its maiden flight already in 1935. Only a few month later, the modified version of type ZKB-30 was completed as all-metal construction.

The IL-4 flew in the formations of the soviet airforce as long - range bomber, torpedo bomber and as long-range reconnaissance plane and towing airplane for transport gliders untill 1946. 

Although four prototypes had been constructed no serial production was started. Thus, the IL-4 remained the last bomber Ilyushin had developed with piston engines.

IMG_1605.jpg

Edited by Ozzyman69
  • Like 1

There are a few interesting fragments of history. Some IL-4 was captured by Luftwaffe from soviet airfields..

20-2.jpg

NO-_Profile-_Ilyushin-_IL-4-captured-by-

Edited by Ozzyman69
  • Like 3

This is very interesting :).

I have not seen the ADP Master Model before. Is it a new release? The sprues look good.

Around 12 years ago I tried the Zvezda Il-4T kit.

It was truly terrible. Three different colours of bad, thick plastic, bereft of detail and more flash than 'kit'. I spent three days getting rid of flash. Then saw that the components weren't going to fit together too well.

Ever the optimist, I bought a rare 'Goffy Model' update set for it. But I lost my mojo with it and put it away.

I think Revell did one based on an East German kit? Also Falcon did replacement vac-canopies (nice).

I would love a decent model of one. There are some superb marking schemes.

I'm looking forward to seeing yours being built. Have you decided on a marking scheme yet?

Any info on this kit and what you think of it would be most welcome.

Enjoy the build; I've pulled up a comfortable chair ;).

:popcorn: 

All best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

I have not seen the ADP Master Model before. Is it a new release?

Hi, Tony. I think its Plasticart (East German) based product with a new released sprues and new box also. The first impression of it is very good. I can see the detailed line of gray plastic and transparent parts of the panel lines elements and rivets. Quite a positive impression...WIP in detail coming soon

I'm looking forward to seeing yours being built. Have you decided on a marking scheme yet?

I am not sure about marking scheme yet, not choosed..but I think the camo without a red star will be better. What do You think?

I'm looking forward to seeing yours being built.

I hope it must be interesting object for build, experience and show. Thanks!

Andrii

Edited by Ozzyman69
  • Like 2

Looks like a nice project.

The only two kits of this I've seen are the Revell release of the kit, which I think is in true 1/72, unlike many of the Plasticart releases which are in 1/75. The Revell boxing I have is probably made from original Plasticart stocks as it features the brittle white plastic of the original. It's a nice kit though.

The other is a release by a Soviet firm called Toga. It comes in a plastic bag, and features an all clear nose assembly that is in two halves. Brilliant! Is that the same as the Zvezda release? It's also in that lovely Eastern Bloc limited edition white plastic that needs fettling to death and is entirely glue resistant.

Incidentally there's a great Il-4 article based on the Toga kit in a new book on the aircraft of the Continuation War. It's a pretty good review actually. This is a link here - https://www.aviationmegastore.com/the-continuation-war-the-war-within-a-war-9780993534546-valiant-wings-publication-9780993534546-ww2-spain/product/?action=prodinfo&art=139992

Hope that helps..

Chris

• Like 3

Ohh, good to see and call me in here of course!! Thanks for the kind words and the dedication to this thread!:):) Looking forward to this very much and I like to know, how it goes together. Cheers and a nice evening.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, English Electric said:

The only two kits of this I've seen are the Revell release of the kit, which I think is in true 1/72, unlike many of the Plasticart releases which are in 1/75. The Revell boxing I have is probably made from original Plasticart stocks as it features the brittle white plastic of the original. It's a nice kit though

It`s obviously difference between the ADP plastik art and Plasticart. This is normal enough material looks like Revell I think .

3 hours ago, English Electric said:

Is that the same as the Zvezda release?

.  I not to so often had an experience with Zvezda (just Bf-109, FW-190 and IL-2), that is why have nothing to say about it, becouse Bf&FW was as a copy by Italeri with Zwezda logo. We shall manage the box together (IL-4) without an obstacle I hope. Thank`s for a link

• Like 1

I looked it up Andrii :)

This is the good kit that Revell reboxed.

It is one of the (nice) true 1/72 kits that VEB Plasticart made.

Another good 1/72 VEB Plasticart kit also reboxed by Revell, is the Junkers G-23/24. I have it in the original Plasticart release; very nice.

Then for a couple of years the company changed name, to this one. Then stopped making kits. Revell made this one for a while, but it's hard to find now.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/136124-revell-4324-iljuschin-il-4

It would be an interesting challenge to do the German faded yellow overpaint scheme in your profile :thumbsup2: .

Also, Finland 'appropriated' a couple :D!

They have great colour schemes:

IMG_7739.jpg

(Wiki: Public domain).

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 3

13 hours ago, TonyTiger66 said:

This is the good kit that Revell reboxed.

It is one of the (nice) true 1/72 kits that VEB Plasticart made.

I was positively stunned and pleasantly surprised by this important information and other interesting facts. And now my philosophy is based on the maximum attention and caution to this object. I will try not to make mistakes and blunders.:smile:

• Like 2

God, bless my cutter, nerves and airbrush...

Box is open now. The control cabin parts are in satisfactory condition, but I found one broken part, I don`t care.FixedB)

IMG_1620.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Good sunny day, friends. I'm out of my sweet home, job, office, personnel, airliners, jet engines and hobbies. I have a two week of vacation. There not any cause of worry, no any work like a horse, just I relax and I am so far from all above now. I am feel at home here like an old salt on the board of ship of dreams. There are navy spirit, breeze, sky and wind inspiring my soul with a new ideas looks for.

Cheers.Andrii
IMG_20170616_074733.jpg

IMG_20170616_074547.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Hello friends. I came back to home. I am glad again to continue of W.I.P.. But I want to say that I saw a one of 5 outstanding places to visit here in Ukraine. This is a Stone Grave (Kamyana Mohyla). This is a historical archeologic reserve and realy magnificent place.:o

IMG_1675.jpg

IMG_1676.jpg

Now I have to continue the mission.

Cockpit:

IMG_1678.jpg

il_4_4.gif

IMG_1680.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

• Like 4

Hi Andrii,

This is excellent already. I look forward to seeing how you complete the model.

(I hope you enjoyed your holiday. I trained as an archaeologist so I just spent a happy half-hour reading about Kamyana Mohyla! I have always wanted to visit the Steppe. Not easy for a British tourist!)

Will

Edited by Killingholme
  • Like 1