Mirage III prototype

Hi

i am looking to build/convert a Mirage III and IIIA in 1/72, is there any references or plans available? Google tends to send me to the Mirage I(would like to do one of these too at some point) or Australian Mirage.  

Thanks

Gary

Be warned - Bill Gunston in 'Fighters of the Fifties'  asked the Techical Director of Dassault what had remained unchanged between the III and IIIA and was told that 'I don't think we changed the undecarriage'. In other words the IIIA was a totally fresh design.

I think that the main visual difference between the IIIA and IIIC was a larger nose on the latter - but I am no expert

• Like 1

See if you can get hands on to a copy of Osprey Air Combat Mirage 111/5 by Salvador Mafe Huertas.  Chapter 2 on the genesis of the Mirage explains there were only 10 airframes before the 111C production started.  He does not elaborate on changes to airframe on the ten that are numbered Mirage 111 A01 through to 010 but there are some clear photographs pronted in the book of 01, 07 and 010 which may assist

photo of 111 A 080 here

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/news/3416645/posts

hope that helps a little

• Like 1

World Air Power Journal Volume 14 featured the first part of their "Mirage III / 5/ 50 varant briefing" article, including details on the early III's. 

HTH,

Andre 

• Like 1

There was a four volume series of A4 size hardcover tomes on the III and it's development, originally published by DTU (ex publishers of Replic). I only have the final two,  but I guess Vol. 1 contains what you need. That is,  if you are lucky to find it and have married /inherited well 😉 The books are mostly Unobtainium and if you find one, cost their weight in gold. I was extremely lucky to get the two  for 100 Euros last year, an extreme bargain. 

• Like 1