A trio of 109s, with a differance

A trio of airfix Bf 109Es 1/72

a mini theme, i don't normally build themes, just anything that interests me. i picked up the E4/7 kit and decided to do the romanian one, looking for etched stuff i came across the decals for the other 2, and as the base kit is cheap decided to build the 3, at the same time!!!

the basic kits are really nice to build, the tail struts are abit fragile and i broke 4 out of 6.

2 of the kits i used eduard 'zoom' kits on and they really liven the cockpits up.

All 3 where painted with xtracrylix paints.  

The royal bulgarian air force is the airfix bf109e4/7 kit.  the kit painting guide shows a single upper colour, up it should be a RLM 70/71 pattern which i have painted, i was amazed that the kit yellow decals matched the RLM 04 paint i had used.  kit decals went on well.

The slovak air force is the basic E4 kit. the decals where from blue rider and went on very nicely.

The romanian Air force is also the basic E4 kit, OOB with no eduard etched. the decals were from LF models and were very thin. went on well.

thanks for looking.

1096_zpsesqigkgv.jpg

Slovak airforce

1095_zpsjjfcfoec.jpg

Royal bulgarian airforce

1094_zpsso5lufpm.jpg

Romanian air force

1093_zps5s4ina6w.jpg

1092_zpsa658g8t5.jpg

Thanks for looking.

• Like 31

A very nice trio of '109s.  Some great finishes on display.  I must say I find the axis allies quite an interesting subject.  Are you considering adding Hungarian and Croatian examples?  Then again there's Reggia Aeronautica, ARSI and Finnish examples you could add for the complete set.  Come to think of it, didn't the Japanese evaluate a 109E at some point?   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2017 at 9:04 PM, Meatbox8 said:

A very nice trio of '109s.  Some great finishes on display.  I must say I find the axis allies quite an interesting subject.  Are you considering adding Hungarian and Croatian examples?  Then again there's Reggia Aeronautica, ARSI and Finnish examples you could add for the complete set.  Come to think of it, didn't the Japanese evaluate a 109E at some point?   

Spanish ones come to my mind... maybe not allied in the sense of most  others you mentioned!..

By the way, very nice trio!