Revell (ex-Matchbox) 1/72 Flower Class Corvette

On 14/06/2017 at 07:39, Beard said:

The 3D printed bits look, well, amazing.

Seconded! The resolution looks superb, can't wait to see them painted up :) 

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, fatalbert said:

Any progress on this project?

2 hours ago, Jamie @ Sovereign Hobbies said:

Yeah, @Stew Dapple, any progress? :)

I'm afraid not gentlemen, this is the current state of things:

DSCN0523.jpg

... and has been since July 2017; if I had a shelf big enough this would surely be on the Shelf of Doom, but since I don't it sits beneath the living room window, in my line of sight at all times, a mute accusation which I try not to even glance at out of some sense of shame and guilt. Hopefully I will get back into it at some point, however I should point out I have been hoping that for almost two years now so the prognosis is not particularly optimistic :lol: 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Thats a shame,I have inherited a part (badly) assembled kit off my father-in-laws estate.He was building it as a radio controlled model.I dug it out and have been removing all the radio gear and have been attempting to disassemble what i can.Am thinking about cutting the hull down to the water line and backdating it to an early version.

• Like 1

I can understand the attraction to making this kit into a radio-control boat, it occurred to me as well but then I remembered a radio-controlled boat is just like a train set for the pond; once you have done it and got everything working as planned, all you can do with it is watch it go round and round and round :undecided:

Good luck with the waterline version though if you choose to go that route, I think it would be a fair amount of work but would be an impressive display :) 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Stew Dapple said:

I can understand the attraction to making this kit into a radio-control boat, it occurred to me as well but then I remembered a radio-controlled boat is just like a train set for the pond; once you have done it and got everything working as planned, all you can do with it is watch it go round and round and round :undecided:

Or you build another one :nodding:.

Stuart

• Haha 2

following along, see what tips i can pick up on your build. always wanted this kit as a kid, Was given one from a friend a few years ago and got stuck in, It is the Revell boxing and was warped quite bad, and trying to figure out Revell's painting instructions. this is the first Ship model ive atempted so after 18 months i'm at this stage.

20190530_141723

didnt know about the decking thou so a bit late to sort that, as for being black on the bottom of the hull i can still change that. seeing your build has sparked my interest again.

Darren

• Like 5

On 5/29/2019 at 2:14 PM, Stew Dapple said:

then I remembered a radio-controlled boat is just like a train set for the pond; once you have done it and got everything working as planned, all you can do with it is watch it go round and round

P'raps thats true but train sets dont offer the opportunity to scare the bejesus out of the odd duck or three😈

• Haha 3

On ‎27‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 17:20, Stew Dapple said:

I'm afraid not gentlemen, this is the current state of things:

DSCN0523.jpg

... and has been since July 2017; if I had a shelf big enough this would surely be on the Shelf of Doom, but since I don't it sits beneath the living room window, in my line of sight at all times, a mute accusation which I try not to even glance at out of some sense of shame and guilt. Hopefully I will get back into it at some point, however I should point out I have been hoping that for almost two years now so the prognosis is not particularly optimistic :lol: 

Cheers,

Stew

That's about the same state as mine.  But I started it with the Matchbox kit in 1979!  I must get it out of the loft and finish it one day...

• Haha 2

I wouldn't be all that fussed, Stew. Ship kits can and do take some time to build, as far as I'm concerned it's the nature of the beast!

I have a Tamiya 1/700 Scharnhorst that's been awaiting final completion for longer than the real ship was above water!

Mike.

• Like 3