Hasegawa MFG1 F-104G, 1/48

Simply brilliant! Fantastic looking Zipper.

Removing the rivets really paid off and I also like the appearance of the sindwinder's seekers. :goodjob:

Geno

• Like 1

Beautifully finished David.

It's been a pleasure to follow this build and I look forward to seeing the  Luftwaffe 104 in the RFI section when you feel like tackling it again.

James

Edited by franky boy
  • Like 1

On 5/28/2017 at 10:28 PM, Geno said:

Simply brilliant! Fantastic looking Zipper.

Removing the rivets really paid off and I also like the appearance of the sindwinder's seekers. :goodjob:

Geno

Cheers Geno! The seekers ended up being a compromise really, naturally they should be clear but it proved very troublesome to make them clear, and still have the metallic-blue appearance they had, in the end I just painted them that way which whilst not so technically accurate looks ok imho :) 

On 5/28/2017 at 10:44 PM, Lowbrow said:

Wow. Stunning. That has that extremely allusive "look". Kudos.

On 5/29/2017 at 2:46 PM, matteo44 said:

Amazing work!! 

Congratulations :clap:

Thank you Lowbrow and matteo! 

On 5/29/2017 at 5:49 PM, franky boy said:

Beautifully finished David.

It's been a pleasure to follow this build and I look forward to seeing the  Luftwaffe 104 in the RFI section when you feel like tackling it again.

James

Cheers James! I will get around to the other one evenutally (way too much DACO stuff already sunk into it for it to be shelved indefinitely) but I need a break from 104s I think now! I look forward to your completed example too.

23 hours ago, NontasB said:

David your F-104 is absolutely great!! One of the best Starfighters I've ever seen!!

Regards,

Nontas

20 hours ago, exdraken said:

Wow...

Who is going to surpass this?

You, mirageiv??

;)

Thank you Nontas and Werner! I will make a Marine RF-104G in 1/32 I think eventually, though not for some time!

20 hours ago, russ c said:

Superb, fantastic Starfighter there, really nice work

9 hours ago, BerndM said:

Stunning build and presentation.

Russ, BerndM, thank you and glad you like it!

David.

• Like 1

Hello again,David - I'm delighted to read the numerous plaudits that you're receiving for this magnificent 'Starfighter' build.I pride myself on having an eye for detail and it's inspirational viewing.

Keep up the fine fettling!!

😉👍 All the very best,Paul. 

• Like 1

Good that there is no ladder or I should have tried to climb aboard. Wonderfully realistic. Nothing short of a winner; one of the very best 104s I ever saw.

• Like 1