1/48 - Fokker G-1A Jachtkruiser by MikroMir - released - new boxing

Homebee

This book is completely out of print in Holland and very!  much sought after.  I do have a copy and am happy to make scans wherever needed!

If Mikro Mir needs help  ttey can contact me

• Like 1

For out Austrian friend: The Pratt and Witney variant will be a Fokker G1b which differs very much from the G1a in dimensions and would need a complete new kit.  The G.I Wasp had a significantly smaller fuselage length and reduced wingspan/area.

G.1 Wasp

length: 10.38m (33.9 ft), (G1a 10.87 m)  

wingspan: 16.50m (54.2 ft), (G1a 17.16 m (56.29 ft)  

wing area: 35.70 m² (384.27) ft². (G1a 38.30 m² (412.26 ft²)

• Like 2

Not just in the Netherlands, robvd.  There are others of us out here who like to make kits other than Spitfires, P-51s and Me109s.  This G-1 would look great alongside a 1/48 Douglas A-17 (if Antarki can keep that project moving forward).

• Like 2

O, I would love to see a injection molded one.:wub:

have still got the Classic Airframes resin one, but that still gives me the creepes.:door:

Cheers,

• 5 months later...

The appropriate people have responded on the FB page. There's a G-1 foundation in Holland trying to construct a full size 3d CAD model with the intention of building

a flying replica, who surely have that information.

Hope Mikro Mir will also consider one in 1/72. Old MPM kit is very inaccurate (fuselage wrong cross-section, tail booms wrong length).

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

I am surprised by the big bomb under the fuselage. The Fokker G1 had an internal bomb bay with two doors with plexiglass windows for observation and I do'nt think that these doors will hold bombs of any kind…