1/48 - Fokker G-1A Jachtkruiser by MikroMir - released - new boxing

Homebee

On 11/17/2017 at 11:30 PM, Roger Holden said:

The appropriate people have responded on the FB page. There's a G-1 foundation in Holland trying to construct a full size 3d CAD model with the intention of building

a flying replica, who surely have that information.

Hope Mikro Mir will also consider one in 1/72. Old MPM kit is very inaccurate (fuselage wrong cross-section, tail booms wrong length).

Hi,

Beeing intrigued about the inaccurancy of MPM Fokker G-1 I googled a bit and I have found very interesting review of G-1s in 1/72 with particluar care on MPM kit:

https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/g1.htm

I hope some of us will found it interesting as I did

Regards

J-W

2 hours ago, JWM said:

Hi,

Beeing intrigued about the inaccurancy of MPM Fokker G-1 I googled a bit and I have found very interesting review of G-1s in 1/72 with particluar care on MPM kit:

https://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/models/g1.htm

I hope some of us will found it interesting as I did

Regards

J-W

Thanks; very interesting. Also found an article on the same site about the MPM Curtiss-Wright CW-21B .  Seems those old MPM kits are not very accurate.

46 minutes ago, Roger Holden said:

Seems those old MPM kits are not very accurate.

The same happens with Polikarpov RZ (Special Hobby, but thisis same consortium). The reason is that wrong drawings results in wrong kit... 

Cheers

J-W

• Like 2

48088535_2174570875953970_85978974613667

The book on page 120 shows the layout of the aircraft (according to all signs Fokker with Mercury), indicating the overall dimensions.
Aircraft length on
10840 mm. In the same book, on page 111, the specification is shown with a date of February 16, 1940, indicating
overall dimensions, etc. According to this table, Fokker length with
Mercury-11.5 m., Length with Wasp-10.3 m.
So how is it right?

6 hours ago, praded-dembelya said:

The book on page 120 shows the layout of the aircraft (according to all signs Fokker with Mercury), indicating the overall dimensions.
 Aircraft length on
10840 mm. In the same book, on page 111, the specification is shown with a date of February 16, 1940, indicating
overall dimensions, etc. According to this table, Fokker length with
Mercury-11.5 m., Length with Wasp-10.3 m.
So how is it right?

Funny, but 10,84 m is very close to arithmetic mean (avarage) for 11.50 m and 10.30 m, equal to 10.90 m! :)

More seriously - the lenght was taken with or without MGs ?

Cheers

J-W

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

Just looking at the schemes for the G.1A and I wonder why did the Luchtvaartafdeeling use brown wing bottom surfaces? Usually camo schemes have a lighter "sky" colour on the bottom unless it's a warplane used for night ops but the "jachtkruiser " was used as day heavy fighter and ground attack aircraft.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rui Silva said:

Hi all,

Just looking at the schemes for the G.1A and I wonder why did the Luchtvaartafdeeling use brown wing bottom surfaces? Usually camo schemes have a lighter "sky" colour on the bottom unless it's a warplane used for night ops but the "jachtkruiser " was used as day heavy fighter and ground attack aircraft.

It might be something to do with the original idea that camouflage on aircraft was to protect them when they were at their most vulnerable - i.e. on the ground. The art/science of camouflage evolved significantly through the war and the illustrated scheme above was pre-war up to the very start of the war; at this time the RAF (who spent a good deal of time thinking about camouflage during this period) were still using black/white divided undersides, as identification to ground anti-aircraft units and observers was perhaps considered more important than stealth...?

Also this might be an opportune moment to give a shameless plug advising that Sovereign Hobbies have the authentic LVA (Royal Netherlands Air Force) Camouflage Bruin (Dark Brown), Camouflage Groen (Green-Grey) and LVA Camouflage Beige (Light Sand) in our range - just putting it out there, as the jongeren say... :D 

Cheers,

Stew

• Like 2

On 12/13/2018 at 8:33 AM, Dutchplanes said:

Don't use the bomb. It was never possible this way!

Maybe so but, thats why we have "what if" models! This is a most attractive subject regardless!

Allan😀