This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/48 - Fokker G-1A Jachtkruiser by MikroMir - released - new Dutch Decal sheet & reference book

Oh my!  That's more of my cash disappearing.  Always loved the look of the G-1.  Simply MUST get one of these!!!

Will they do the P/W equipped version too ?

There's one for sale on Abebooks for US $95.

I'm not associated with the vendor or with Abebooks...but I must admit to enjoying shopping at the latter! :)

This book is completely out of print in Holland and very!  much sought after.  I do have a copy and am happy to make scans wherever needed!

If Mikro Mir needs help  ttey can contact me

For out Austrian friend: The Pratt and Witney variant will be a Fokker G1b which differs very much from the G1a in dimensions and would need a complete new kit.  The G.I Wasp had a significantly smaller fuselage length and reduced wingspan/area.

G.1 Wasp

length: 10.38m (33.9 ft), (G1a 10.87 m)  

wingspan: 16.50m (54.2 ft), (G1a 17.16 m (56.29 ft)  

wing area: 35.70 m² (384.27) ft². (G1a 38.30 m² (412.26 ft²)

I simply keep my fingers crossed would be such a welcome addition  i think that many modelers over here in The Netherlands will agree

Not just in the Netherlands, robvd.  There are others of us out here who like to make kits other than Spitfires, P-51s and Me109s.  This G-1 would look great alongside a 1/48 Douglas A-17 (if Antarki can keep that project moving forward).

O, I would love to see a injection molded one.:wub:

have still got the Classic Airframes resin one, but that still gives me the creepes.:door:

Cheers,

The appropriate people have responded on the FB page. There's a G-1 foundation in Holland trying to construct a full size 3d CAD model with the intention of building

a flying replica, who surely have that information.

Hope Mikro Mir will also consider one in 1/72. Old MPM kit is very inaccurate (fuselage wrong cross-section, tail booms wrong length).

It was only tested on the 302 and 304 pre mobilisation so with roundels as markings instead of triangles 

Another vote for a 1/72 version. The MPM kit is impossible to get and it's far from state of the art, not to mention inaccurate. I'd buy a stack if they release it.

I am surprised by the big bomb under the fuselage. The Fokker G1 had an internal bomb bay with two doors with plexiglass windows for observation and I do'nt think that these doors will hold bombs of any kind…