This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Marvel Onkey

Airfix Dogfight Doubles

Are the Airfix Dogfight Double sets new tool or old tool kits?

Depending on where I look the info seems conflicting- is there a way to tell from looking at the box?

Thanks

A

They are almost all new tools.  However I did see a Beaufighter/Bf 109G dogfight double still on sale a fortnight or so ago: old tools - avoid like plague.  Other old, nay ancient, dogfight doubles now best avoided are Bf 110/Spitfire IX, Mosquito/Me 262, Mig-21/Cessna O-2, Mirage III/MiG-21, Camel/Albatros, R.E.8/Fokker Triplane. 

In addition to what Seahawk said, any WWI subjects you find will be old tools except the BE2 and Fokker Eindekker. OTOH you'r unlikey to find the old WWI ones anywhere except 2nd hand anyway.

Paul.

The original 1/48 Spitfire/Bf 109F dogfight double in the red box are old moulds as well. If you see the one with a Bf 109E it is the new mouldings.

5 hours ago, Seahawk said:

They are almost all new tools.  However I did see a Beaufighter/Bf 109G dogfight double still on sale a fortnight or so ago: old tools - avoid like plague.  Other old, nay ancient, dogfight doubles now best avoided are Bf 110/Spitfire IX, Mosquito/Me 262, Mig-21/Cessna O-2, Mirage III/MiG-21, Camel/Albatros, R.E.8/Fokker Triplane. 

And Fw190D/Stormovik. Airfix may have re-released their ghastly Il-2 not all that long ago but that's most definitely one to avoid.

The Fokker Triplane was actually paired with the Bristol Fighter; the RE8 formed an improbable dogfight double with the Roland C.II.

2 hours ago, AWFK10 said:

The Fokker Triplane was actually paired with the Bristol Fighter; the RE8 formed an improbable dogfight double with the Roland C.II.

Thanks for the correction: it didn't look  quite right when I typed it.