Airfix Dogfight Doubles

Marvel Onkey

Are the Airfix Dogfight Double sets new tool or old tool kits?

Depending on where I look the info seems conflicting- is there a way to tell from looking at the box?

Thanks

A

They are almost all new tools.  However I did see a Beaufighter/Bf 109G dogfight double still on sale a fortnight or so ago: old tools - avoid like plague.  Other old, nay ancient, dogfight doubles now best avoided are Bf 110/Spitfire IX, Mosquito/Me 262, Mig-21/Cessna O-2, Mirage III/MiG-21, Camel/Albatros, R.E.8/Fokker Triplane. 

5 hours ago, Seahawk said:

They are almost all new tools.  However I did see a Beaufighter/Bf 109G dogfight double still on sale a fortnight or so ago: old tools - avoid like plague.  Other old, nay ancient, dogfight doubles now best avoided are Bf 110/Spitfire IX, Mosquito/Me 262, Mig-21/Cessna O-2, Mirage III/MiG-21, Camel/Albatros, R.E.8/Fokker Triplane. 

And Fw190D/Stormovik. Airfix may have re-released their ghastly Il-2 not all that long ago but that's most definitely one to avoid.

The Fokker Triplane was actually paired with the Bristol Fighter; the RE8 formed an improbable dogfight double with the Roland C.II.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AWFK10 said:

The Fokker Triplane was actually paired with the Bristol Fighter; the RE8 formed an improbable dogfight double with the Roland C.II.

Thanks for the correction: it didn't look  quite right when I typed it.