Eduard Weekend Edition Mig-15...

My very first jet.  Yes...after almost 40 years of this hobby I have finally built something without a propeller.  I was astounded at the kit, actually.  Talk about tight fitting pieces!  Amazing.  They must be molding their plastic with lasers.  I really enjoyed this build and, as a big fan of Cold War history, this is a must for me and any other aircraft hobbyist.  In fact, I have become so enamoured with the early Migs that I have ordered the Quattro box from Eduard and also some Mig-17 kits from AZ Models.  Something about all those uses in the Middle East and Africa...  I used plenty of sources for modelling and weathering from the interweb, some of which I think was from this site.  Thanks folks!

34727271176_0b277bf6be_z_d.jpg

34727272036_4e9e7d4fa0_z_d.jpg

--JDCM

• Like 22

I don't think you could have made a finer choice for your first jet!  Great result, well done

If what I read is true, I think you may find the AZ Models MiG-17s not quite in the same league as the lovely Eduard MiG-15s.  Nonetheless, you can't have too many Cold War jets - enjoy!!

Thanks Vultures 1.  As long as the AZ kits are better than the Airfix/Academy molds, I'll be happy.  I am not one to obsess too much on things I cannot see once the kit is finished.  I want to be able to have some birds from the 1960s and the Mig-17 seems to have been ubiquitous.