1/48 - Macchi MC.72 Schneider Trophy resin kit by SBS Model - test print

Homebee

2 hours ago, Caerbannog said:

Oh no! After all the effort I put to my stash queen from Smer.

Well Rene, at least you didn't do as I have: spending just a little more than is reasonable 🙄 on the Noix version!! 😬

I too will show my support, great news.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Mark,

Karaya has the 1/48 Crusader available for ages.

Vedran

Take a look at greggles.w epic build:

Though I must confess it put me off from getting the kit a little :-)

• Like 1

I'm with you, Caerbannog.  greggles.w build is truly epic but it has put me off the Karaya kit.  Don't mind spending a fair bit of dosh on a kit (Karaya aren't going for giveaway prices) but spending a fair amount of money and THEN having to totally rework it doesn't really float my boat.

8 hours ago, dragonlanceHR said:

Well, most of it looks self-inflicted :P

Vedran

Isn't that what modelling is all about?  Which of these is NOT a form of masochism?

• Comparing kits to scale plans without checking whether the plans themselves are accurate.
  • Carefully inserting/deleting 1mm from the length/width of a kit component...then finding the halves don't align properly and sanding/filling the life out of the darn thing.
  • Deftly folding PE ('cos it's closer to scale than the plastic component) then gluing it onto resin aftermarket interior components that make the fuselage sides a scale 2ft thick.
  • Spending hours arguing over the right shade of ______________ (insert colour here - Sky, RLM Grau and Olive Drab are for amateurs....we can argue about the shade of black!).
  • Wasting more time searching for miniscule PE/resin/plastic parts in the carpet monster than actually gluing them together. 

:)

• Like 1

On 19/5/2017 at 19:26, reromp said:

Our plan is Supermarine S.4 first. What do you think about it?

Supermarine S.4 is a wonderful aircraft, I love it, but I'm italian... so I think that Macchi MC.72 is even better... :D

Hooray for the Schneider racers !!! :yes:

Ciao.

Davide

• Like 3

I'm pretty excited by the prospect of some modern tooled/cast 1/48 Schneider Trophy racers.

I'd be up for the Supermarine S.4 and S.6B and my all time favourite, the Macchi Castoldi M.C.72.

I have the Testors S.6B and the Smer M.C.72 but I'd love to buy modern kits of these aircraft.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

Interested in this kit also, after getting the 1/72th one which is a work of art. Hope the S.4 becomes a reality and a good compliment to that could be a Macchi M.52, anyways patiently waiting to hear about this M.72 being released!

best regards,

Antonio Rivas

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

They're not actually releasing it as a kit.  They just did a one-off test print for a laugh (which they mentioned on their Facebook page soon after the first pic was posted)