Some of my 1/35 shermans WIP

Hi all Scott here (cromwell) I know I have made several citiques and comments on a few models on this site.  I thought it was high time I showed you what I have been up to.

34571224081_2eb7844cd1_c.jpgIMG_1148 by scott findlay, on Flickr

The above picture should be of my M4 IC hybrid, the front is that of the Italeri M4A1, the body of a Tamiya M4 and the turret of a Tasca

If the above picture appears I'll put up pictures of my M4 IB, Sherman I and my Sherman II

33877865744_9739dcdfa5_c.jpg

hybrid being built

33892150483_524e97a4b7_c.jpg

M4 IB will be 9th Lancers as in the Osprey book when finished

34701801225_6c4a62be46_c.jpg

Sherman II will be 2nd Dragoon Guards (Queens Bays) when finished.

As standard I add a few homemade additions

i)The three nuts on the bottom of the suspension units

ii) thin strip of plastic with holes where the dust sheilds are mounted

iii) Mesh over the grouser openings on the rear deck

iv) on the firefly turrets I've removed the six moulded tie down points on the side of the turret and replaced with wire

rather than mr surfacer I've used liquid poly over the cast body and turret to get the cast effect, I also use the hairy stick approach to painting the vehicles to give more texture, this will come out when washed and weathered.  I'll post some scratch built ammo boxes and my apporximated drawings tomorrow

Edited by Cromwell
adding picture
  • Like 5

i can see the URL, although not as a hyperlink.  Copying it into my browser led me to a page wanting me to sign up for a Yahoo account in order to go any further.

I've had similar trouble trying to post images myself: getting the URL text but no image.  I don't know how it works from flickr, but for other images on the web right-clicking the image and selecting "copy image" then pasting into the Britmodeller thread seems to work.  That doesn't work for images on personal Microsoft Cloud, even in web view.

Flickr: Click in the "forward" arrow (best on the photostream or album view), select bb-code, then select the size and copy.

Insert here, delete all but the brackets... done 

cheers

• Like 1

You're welcome,

It's the best way to have all your pictures same size and similar. Copy paste is easier, but with the BB-Code it is just the most "professional" way of doing it.

This for example is what you copy as BB code:

url=https://flic.kr/p/UFDtbR]img]https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4170/34579205881_c806ccae9e_b.jpg/img]/url]url=https://flic.kr/p/UFDtbR]Ohne Titel/url] by url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/145866163@N06/]Blaubar/url], auf Flickr

collapse it to this (photo only, zero text and junk):

["https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4170/34579205881_c806ccae9e_b.jpg"]

all the rest can be deleted. simply hit enter and the pic will appear, then the Flickr nonsense is also gone.

Prost

Like this, with your picture:

34571224081_2eb7844cd1_c.jpg

Edited by Blaubar

Looks like you making same version of the Sherman as me, but you had more work with it then me. I am not feel alone then, and will happy see the progress of your work. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, cambridge said:

as a modeler you can never have built enough shermans :penguin:

I know exactly what you talking about :lol: (I am not sure that it is ok to post that photo here, I am not want to turn your topic into mess Scott).

61V9tqnITzH1za1zY7090ccCzrmuGiPTjBN_xbzOo

• Like 5

Kris, I used the italeri us marines Sherman as a basis for my M4IB.  I've only got the Dragon VC firefly left to build but I didn't want too many half finished Sherman's on the bench.  My build process is slow at the best of times. 

P.S I've got a tamiya Churchill and a trumpeter chally 2 1/2 built:whistle:

Kris I followed your firefly link to a polish site of your build. I'm surprised you haven't built your m4a1 in the polish division. Also in one of trawls through the internet I've found some pictures of some m41b 105mm in a polish division

Well, it is not as easy to build Polish Division tank - Polish guy are proper rivet counters in that case (which is good obviously), but my kids at this moment not allowing me to spend so much time on my hobby. Some of my Sherman's will be in Polish markings, but bit later. 

The other thing is my knowledge of M4 is very tiny and I barely know the difference between them. Need a guru. 

Edited by Kris B
Add some text
  • Like 1

Nice Shermans :)

I very nearly succumbed to buying a Tamiya Sherman ('early version'?) today, but managed to resist - for the time being. I was wondering if you knew how it compares to other kit makers' versions?

• Like 1

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2017 at 1:41 AM, Kris B said:

I know exactly what you talking about :lol: (I am not sure that it is ok to post that photo here, I am not want to turn your topic into mess Scott).

61V9tqnITzH1za1zY7090ccCzrmuGiPTjBN_xbzOo

Looks like the perfect stash to me........