Takom FV432 - Bulldog

Julien

Just seen on Takoms facebook page;

bulldog.jpg

I know we have a 432 post but this is so different from the standard APC I think it deserves its own thread :D

Julien

• Like 2

I might have to pick one of these up. We had a company attached to our Battlegroup in Iraq. They were a useful addition to our Warriors and because of the smaller size could use some routes denied to us. Hideously underpowered though and often had difficulty making it over fairly innocuous obstacles. My company disparagingly referred to them as Stillers rather than Bulldogs when folk were getting a bit carried away with this shiny new capability; i.e. "it's still-a-432"

• 1 month later...
On 16/05/2017 at 11:29 PM, Steve 1602 said:

I might have to pick one of these up. We had a company attached to our Battlegroup in Iraq. They were a useful addition to our Warriors and because of the smaller size could use some routes denied to us. Hideously underpowered though and often had difficulty making it over fairly innocuous obstacles. My company disparagingly referred to them as Stillers rather than Bulldogs when folk were getting a bit carried away with this shiny new capability; i.e. "it's still-a-432"

The Australian Armour and Artillery Museum in Queensland has a modified one for joyrides, and a standard one in the museum. 

FV432-Armoured-Personnel-Carrier-Modified-Joyride-Vehicle-6

FV432-Armoured-Personnel-Carrier-Modified-Joyride-Vehicle-7

Apologies for a wonky attempt at a video. 

FV432-Armoured-Personnel-Carrier-Modified-Joyride-Vehicle-7