White Van Man. Transit Mk2 **Finished**

Jb65rams

Oddly enough I saw this kit for the first time a few weeks back in a model shop and it made me smile. Good to see someone building it. :popcorn:

Kind regards,

Stix

Another unusual subject choice and a rather cool one at that. I wonder how many of these vans were built? Certainly seemed ubiquitous on British roads for a long time.

On 5/17/2017 at 9:48 AM, Hewy said:

great choice ,maybe some kind of sweeney blag vignette with  a capri ,if you could get one a granada,now that would be cool

glynn

Thought did cross my mind, get some figures with stocking masks and a shooter!

Contents of box shown below. Kit offers both left-hand & right-hand drive option, although wipers only seem to be for the left-hand drive option. Should be an easy fix though.

WVM%20Ford%20Transit%20Mk2%20024%20Itale

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Whilst the primer on my Mig-21 dries I thought I would make a start of this,

Not many parts and progress was quick. A couple of hours saw the chassis completed.

Could resist fitting the bodyshell to see what it would look like. :)

• Like 9

On 2017-5-31 at 10:36 PM, Jb65rams said:

Thought did cross my mind, get some figures with stocking masks and a shooter!

Ah man how cool would that be! Get the front seats populated  :ninja::ninja::mg: the back full of loot :gift::2c:

Are the Tamiya 24th scale mechanic sets still available at a sensible price? Could be a useful source of figures for such a project...

• 3 weeks later...

Haven't received the photobucket email yet, photos still showing at the moment. Just open a Flickr account, so see how that goes going forward,

Progress is slow on the transit. A bit of work on the cockpit, still working on the body to eliminate the cargo do on the right hand side and still ne to drill the holes to move the wipers for right hand drive.

WVM Ford Transit Mk2 024 Italeri 14

On 6/12/2017 at 8:16 PM, Col. said:

Ah man how cool would that be! Get the front seats populated  :ninja::ninja::mg: the back full of loot :gift::2c:

Are the Tamiya 24th scale mechanic sets still available at a sensible price? Could be a useful source of figures for such a project...

With a back log of group builds, might just concentrate on finishing the van, maybe revisit a diorama later on, but will keep my eyes open for some figures. 

• Like 1

On 12 June 2017 at 20:16, Col. said:

No, no, add a second rear axle, add Wolfrace wheels and gull wing doors, paint it black and away you go :analintruder:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/4/2017 at 0:35 AM, Tony C said:

No, no, add a second rear axle, add Wolfrace wheels and gull wing doors, paint it black and away you go :analintruder:

This one has gone right over my head.

After a lot of filling & sanding, I am finally happy that I have eliminated the right hand cargo door.

WVM Ford Transit Mk2 024 Italeri 16

Now on the home straight.

WVM Ford Transit Mk2 024 Italeri 18

Rubber window seals draw in with a black Sharpie.

Starts to come together quickly now.

WVM Ford Transit Mk2 024 Italeri 20

• Like 6

On 16/07/2017 at 09:53, Jb65rams said:

This one has gone right over my head.

Not surprised as I am a man mentally over a certain age and senility has most likely set in and I have possibly imagined the whole thing!:facepalm:

However, I seem to remember that a UK Transit van was customised in the late '70's by adding a 2nd rear axle, fitting oval slotted Wolfrace alloys all round, while the front doors were hinged at the top, allowing them to open in a gull-wing fashion!

Painted black (there may have been stripes) and it appeared in Custom Car magazine (Super CC and Tina anyone?) and I'm convinced it appeared at one of the Custom Car shows held at Earls Court.

It was also before the Transit that was fitted with F1 Renault engine (unless I've imagined that as well)!:laugh:

I've tried searching for pictures of the 6 Wheeled Transit on several occasions but without much luck so chances are that it is an illusion I've dreamt up and I need to increase my medication :clif:

UNLESS SOMEONE CAN PROVE OTHERWISE

Edited by Tony C

Thanks for the info Tony, I do recall the F1 engined version.

I am calling this one finished. Still got a Mig-21 to finished for the From Russia With Love GB, and builds planned for the Mirage GB, Radial Engines Rock and Flying Boats GB. Will break out the photobooth at the weekend when the Mig is finished to populate the gallery.

WVM Ford Transit Mk2 024 Italeri 22

WVM Ford Transit Mk2 024 Italeri 23

• Like 1

On 7/20/2017 at 2:04 PM, nimrod54 said:

That's a cracking job JB. It's been great fun watching this come together, and nice work on filling and blending the side door,

Thanks. It was a fun build, normally build planes but enjoy these all encompassing GB's that give me chances to try other model types.