Sherman Ic Firefly Hybrid - Dragon 1/35

I've painted the stowage. Done it differently then in the past, but to be honest I like the effect I've achieved. What do you think about? 

jGaFlf8Am3j4mVwSovNEPveyQfy2Rf9iEFqptMxk

• Like 7

No Clive, all that is the Black Dog Resin. That was only one up to now that first I've bought the convertion and them the model. That what it is:

STo2tpLzUfFcYmT43uDxhMWdi9mqK7pI5yjEhl_A

I like Black Dog stowage. It's some of the best. You painted them well. Something else that would enhance the effect is to paint the straps and ropes a different colour to the tarps.

John.

Thanks again for looking. As you suggested John, some of stripes painted on different colour. Remaining ones will be done as well. Now, as I was quite happy with the effect I achieved when I placed them on the tank I am not sure that I still like it. It looks bit cartoon now. Two back packs and single sheet is painted with more solid colour. What do you think?

YcxML9vBoiZuSp5laiP5cVsMFl_T4yRXYOWB6KM3

bKC5LH5GFyXdDSm_qRI4-6BlUXVRB7In-pJyr6yS

• Like 7

Thanks. The turret bin just seats between the rear deck stowage as well and is unable to turn anyway. Black Dog just do it completely not realistic. 

On 6/4/2017 at 8:58 PM, Kris B said:

Cheers, I am glad that you like it.

Today not much forward, but only markings. Colour on the photos is not as the model looks, but today is not about it.

yCkTAaYBGv23fIOqHLMCmsIAZsQbAnAiJ8-l__OL

38n8H23N_Zo1TVf8-5bmL48uc65DM6yWBEuHsM3Q

eLmfJxlpfeBrShfoy3F7fGrh8P0RX_HVkd8LgJTa

But talking about the colour. Few days ago I visited the Bovington Tank Museum and I have with me a sample with few colours.

jAgcdVyAiiTY0YowYypsk5pVuLEzlgyGb96JX1uR

My wife said that the bottom right is the correct colour (Mr. Hobby H-80 Khaki Green), but I think it more like the middle top which is the Mike Starmer's SCC 15. 

You sly dog! Like your style!

Granto

I've started the weathering process. The tank isn't clean and shiny any more. First chipping.

jc5zGzKLPUPz7Qn52ZbAzjmpt1JWkfY8hxppIjog

88AhuWSRsW9RMDzmF46cadgrpoG1WjG1MHJ1w27B

I miss the molding seam on the commander copula, but just spot it now on the photo. Unlucky.

kRiJVGqPrJD_y3CoV8pA1ALEu1FCqBriIexxZiRh

JvaK5VNjflLLuPuVpTxWFVTh5omXNhK3oCTSq8ts

ZEwxWJxvCmrGTKFZSf936N6l3JAb1pbQsju4I7dy

• Like 6

Thank you. It was sponge and paintbrush. First I used the light base colour and then the Vallejo German Black Brown camo inside. 

• Like 1

Today I've applied the oil paints. This is how it looks before I start work on it:

Fiyf2PdwdIPYD68hlH7o0vrD6w4LZBmiyLBxmpiw

First swipe with cotton sticks ...

HzisrBGr1VFBsC4iWzTDGr_DYLije_P1UTXTEkPa

... second ...

fm5CFKbGmH7FFdIQHBHGYasvwmBxayI_Zs5gehR7

... and the final.

6p_5Yr_R4rcMTG92WouFKddi2ZQD_-23nrwRTJNM

• Like 9